A beautiful snake

I’ve heard that TPW has gone as far as hunting down and prosecuting people that have posted timber rattlesnakes that they have killed on social media.
This is 100% true! - If someone sends TPW a pic of you holding a dead timber rattler; you can expect a visit from the game wardens.

I believe that agriculture accidents(plow, hay cutter, lawn mower, ect) are a no fault situation; but I'd still be careful about what you post online.

I'll pass on snakes, I'll leave them alone, they can leave me alone......same with poisonous spiders. I find nothing beautiful about either one of them

Sometimes it does not pay to do more research, below is an extract about Eastern Browns.

"Eastern brown snakes are endemic to eastern Australia and are responsible for more human fatalities than any other snake species in the country. Their venom is highly potent, containing powerful toxins that can cause paralysis and internal bleeding. The initial bite is often painless, according to the Australian Museum.

"They're the only snakes in the world that regularly kill people in under 15 minutes," Bryan Fry, who studies venom at the University of Queensland, told ABC News in 2024. "Even more insidiously than that is that for the first 13 minutes, you're going to feel fine.""

According to TP&W, they are not on the threatened list any longer. They are still protected from commercial catching/sales.
Yes sir. They have been fair game for 3-4 years now. As applied, they have been for most all along. :)

Yes sir. They have been fair game for 3-4 years now. As applied, they have been for most all along. :)
What poor sap had to go out and do the population survey? That’s just what I want to do is go out turn over rocks and logs and count poisonous snakes!

If around the house, rattlesnakes are SSS. Out away from people I don’t bother them. No timber rattlers where I’ve lived- Colorado and New Mexico. Largest rattlers I’ve encountered have been Western Diamondbacks that are found over wide area of the SW US but the largest specimens seem to live in piñon-juniper uplands of NW New Mexico. Some have been scary big. Saw one Eastern Diamondback on Florida Gulf Coast that was equally large.

A rattlesnake that seems similar to and as strikingly marked as the Timber Rattlesnake is the Blacktail Rattlesnake. Have run into quite a few of them poking around the mountains of SW New Mexico. Their territory includes all the mountains and uplands of SW quadrant of NM. I think most who see them in the wild mistakenly ID them as Timber Rattlesnakes as many times they are found up in wooded mountain areas.

EA19F8D1-E6FB-4A7F-90F6-40515A058D3B.jpeg

Last edited:
You have to be careful around blacktails. If you screw with them at all they will come after you. Green mojave are also aggressive. Ive caught several mojave that rattled at my truck poking along gravel roads from 20-30’ away.

You have to be careful around blacktails. If you screw with them at all they will come after you. Green mojave are also aggressive. Ive caught several mojave that rattled at my truck poking along gravel roads from 20-30’ away.
Agreed. I remember many of the blacktails didn’t simply coil and rattle. They would come toward you when disturbed. :) I have heard the mojave is also aggressive but have never been around one. I really don’t fear poisonous snakes but have a lot of respect/caution for the really big diamondbacks, water moccasins and the mambas.

I’m not a fan of snakes.
Bull snakes I’ll leave alone but anything venomous gets a lethal response. I’d be OK with every venomous snake being permanently eradicated.

I’m not a fan of snakes.
Bull snakes I’ll leave alone but anything venomous gets a lethal response. I’d be OK with every venomous snake being permanently eradicated.
That's the way I feel about sharks!

We teach our little people to embrace the good ones and pop smoke and call in napalm on the venomous.

Attachments

• IMG_8748.png
    IMG_8748.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8749.jpeg
    IMG_8749.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8754.jpeg
    IMG_8754.jpeg
    444.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8753.jpeg
    IMG_8753.jpeg
    787.1 KB · Views: 10
I don’t go in the water.
You would have a tough time in my neck of the woods, almost every time I go wade fishing I will come across sharks and anytime we walk out of the house we may come across a cottonmouth. Killed a 2 foot cottonmouth by the back door Friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JinaReynos

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]