A beautiful snake

Shot my first doe of the season in S.C. a couple of weeks back. Got out of the stand, put one of my tags on her, walked back to the stand and this one was waiting for me by the stand.

View attachment 640163
I saw a video of one swimming in the edge of the surf in South Carolina.
Beautiful state, the epitome of southern charm--unless they don't want you there--I was told proudly in Myrtle Beach that they had gotten rid of MS13 gang in ONE day! Good for them.

Image1728946740.119906.jpg

This dude is between 7 and 8 feet. He had a suspicious wide section about 30” long. I suspect that another snake was in the digestion process.

I saw a Blue Indigo today while I was shredding a sendero in South Texas. They are good snakes to have around.
If there is such a thing but yeah. Best to have the non venomous ones eating the venomous ones.

If there is such a thing but yeah. Best to have the non venomous ones eating the venomous ones.
We have several species of non venomous snakes in the US that thrive on eating venomous snakes. Here in the south east we have 3 species of king snakes, scarlet, speckled and eastern along with the indigo snake that get really big 8 feet plus and can pretty much eat any snake they want.

Snakes out away from things are actually sort of cool..... until they surprise me. Then, no thanks!

On my very first trip to Africa we were running through knee-high grass to get in front of some kudu on the move. My very tall and very athletic PH was in the lead. I saw him levitate, straight up and as my mind was working on understanding why...... suddenly I was up in the air. Truly, I had no idea why I was up there either. Nothing had registered in my brain yet.

A second or two later, I realized we passed by a big cape cobra that was about 12" from my leg. It was raised up, hood fully open, hissing quite loudly at me. By the time it registered, the danger was over, and we were moving away. I learned that my brainstem and spinal cord have their own agenda as far as snakes are concerned.

A couple of hours later the kudu was down, photos were taken, and we were headed back to camp. Sitting there sipping on my drink I had a full-body shiver as it replayed again in my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sofasandcouches4347

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is jdfan@proton.me

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia
TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!