9.3x74r accuracy

I would think MOA or less, what kind of rifle?
Custom Ruger No..1. I shot this 5 shot group off the bench at 100. Hole on left is actually 2 shots. Shot it at 6 power. Didn't know what expect. Never shot 9.3x74r. Just curious what to expect.

20240612_091051.jpg
20240612_103217.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With the right ammunition and the right rifle and of course the right shooter it’s a very capable cartridge that can do less than a MOA.

MOA at least. My favorite light double, built in Suhl just before WWI, shoots 100 yard MOA groups from each barrel and composite LxR - LxR four shot groups under three inches at 100 yards.
doublerifle5.jpg

That’s a beauty!!
Thank you. Have owned it twenty years and it is an extraordinary thing. It has taken a black bear, one deer, and several feral hogs. I really need to use it as it was intended on a red stag. The action is really unusual.

9.3x74R Double Rifle

Last edited:
Thank you. Have owned it twenty years and it is an extraordinary thing. It has taken a black bear, one deer, and several feral hogs. I really need to use it as it was intended intended on a red stag. The action is really unusual.

9.3x74R Double Rifle
That is a unique action

Thank you. Have owned it twenty years and it is an extraordinary thing. It has taken a black bear, one deer, and several feral hogs. I really need to use it as it was intended intended on a red stag. The action is really unusual.

9.3x74R Double Rifle
That’s a piece of art. What ammunition is it regulated with? I’m sure it would do well on red stage and hopefully one day you’ll get after one.

Custom Ruger No..1. I shot this 5 shot group off the bench at 100. Hole on left is actually 2 shots. Shot it at 6 power. Didn't know what expect. Never shot 9.3x74r. Just curious what to expect.
I have a few no1s, they can be tuned to shoot very good. Hand loading and or trying different brands to tighten the group will help also. The 9.3x74R in a no1 has escaped me so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FEJ

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]