9.3x62 And A Gun-nut's Collection

Fallschirmjaeger

AH senior member
Reaction score
Not much of a tale to tell. I love the 9.3x62 caliber and I enjoy older Mauser-esque rifles (I say Mauser-esque to avoid a debate on Mauser heritage of certain actions.)

Anyways, this is my hard-earned collection of 9.3x62s from top to bottom:

1. Brno ZG-47
2. Brno ZKK-600
3. Husqvarna 246
4. Husqvarna 146 (opened up chamber)
5. Husqvarna 1640
6. Husqvarna 640

PXL_20240927_122420319.MP~2.jpg

The Husqvarna 246 has an internal spring loaded sling mechanism which rolls out and connects to the metal loop unter the barrel. This is similar to some French shotguns of any of you are aware. The 640 has a Continental-style, removeable, side scope mount and double set triggers. If you have any thoughts or questions, feel free to comment.

Nce collection

I like the Brno 600 and the husky 246 the best.

Awesome collection of beautiful rifles! Do you have a favorite? Any suggestions of what to look for when looking for a rifle in the caliber? What types of game do you hunt with the cartridge/ where have you found limitations?
I just discovered this cartridge and it intrigues me! Thanks for any information you can give about the rifle and cartridge!

The 1640 is my go-to hunting gun. I predominantly hunt in Pennsylvania so my big game with a rifle opportunities are limited to short seasons of black bear and whitetails. I'm not an expert in this caliber, I just really enjoy its no-fuss ease of use. Plenty of capacity in smaller lighter rifles and they kill the game I hunt very quickly and usually with limited or no tracking or suffering of the animal. I'm not sure I would want to shoot this caliber long distance, but I feel that it can do everything I would ask of it within 300yds. Again, this is just my opinion and I'm not an expert.

I have a Meopta on my 9.3x62. My only complaint is eye relief and the short tube on those scopes.

LOP on mine is 14.5". If I could mount a picatinny rail on my Mauser, then eye relief wouldn't be an issue, but the bases and rings can't be moved, like on your 1640. I'd like for my scope to sit about 1" farther back.

Love the 9.3x62. Your collection is impressive. I have only one.

Wow!
Nice collection of rifles.
Love the look of that 246.

The 1640 is my go-to hunting gun. I predominantly hunt in Pennsylvania so my big game with a rifle opportunities are limited to short seasons of black bear and whitetails. I'm not an expert in this caliber, I just really enjoy its no-fuss ease of use. Plenty of capacity in smaller lighter rifles and they kill the game I hunt very quickly and usually with limited or no tracking or suffering of the animal.
Im just North of you and this is exactly the kind of useful and relevant information I needed, a great deer and black bear cartridge! (dreams of buffalo on the back burner!) I’ll be keeping my eyes open at the gun shows. Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TerrenceHi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?