7x64 Brenneke, The Wundercaliber

Wild boar

IMG_5757.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fallow doe , 7x64 mauser 66 @ 170m 135 atomic
View attachment 626392
Would you be happy to share your load data or powder choice?
I have the projectiles. I can’t find published 7x64 data and there is possibly no published data for that projectile .

Would you be happy to share your load data or powder choice?
I have the projectiles. I can’t find published 7x64 data and there is possibly no published data for that projectile .
RWS case, rem 91/2 primer , adi 2209 52 gr, 135gr atomic
Accurate and works well on game.

Use 280 rem. data

RWS case, rem 91/2 primer , adi 2209 52 gr, 135gr atomic
Accurate and works well on game.

Use 280 rem. data
Thanks,
I’ve been reading .280rem load data .
supplied load is using AR2213sc with the 162 ELD-x but I can easily try the AR2209 with the 135 Atomic 29
Thanks again

I don’t own a 7x64, but do own a 12ga over 7x65r, I have had it about a year but haven’t fired it yet.
Mike

@264

Just wondering if you measure the jump to the lands with the Atomic 29 projectiles

I found all but one of the projectiles pictured below are out of the case before touching the lands.

I’ve read up on it and it seems the long free-bore may be by design from older ammo having round nose projectiles.

I’m keen to test a couple of projectiles for accuracy and hopefully in the field.

IMG_0615.jpeg

Overall length of loaded atomic 135 for my rifle is 82mm, so 2mm less than recommended.
Magazine length will dictate length.

Overall length of loaded atomic 135 for my rifle is 82mm, so 2mm less than recommended.
Magazine length will dictate length.
Thanks. Mine is a Tikka and Tikka magazines are known to be short. Probably to Saami orCIP specs but they restrict the handloader who would like to seat further out.

What I have found is on this particular the Tikka the 7x64 is that the freebie in the chamber is quite long if I have explained that right.

I have not loaded these yet but if I seat any of the projectiles pictured other than the 162gn ELD-X they will be seated a long way of the lands and will have a long jump to the lands. To the point of they will be well clear of the case before they engage the lands.

This has been measured using a Hornady measure.

This is a the only rifle I have that I have found this. From the little I can find online the 7x64 has a long throat and it seems this is a standard set by the older rifles and military cartridges of the time.

That’s how I understand it and how I’m reading it but it f someone can see something different please help me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lkuyuoprt6587

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.