7.5 x 55 Swiss Smith/Ruben K31 rifle

I have admired the Swiss Reuben from afar as every time l picked one up they felt clunky. I know, what does that mean? Can't explain it, I just feel it. I have heard they are a very accurate rifle.
For sure, these rifles are totally different from any new sleek designed rifle of today , they do feel totally different when picking it up, the real difference comes in when you SHOOT them, they are real fun to shoot.... (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

I have their mount for my scope. Pierre at Swiss Products, I guess has passed, recommended RL17 for the powder. Berger VLDs come close to the GP11 design. My rifle has the name tag of the soldier it was issued to under the butt plate. I also have the Swiss Products target sights and muzzle break. This is the Rolex of battle rifles. Like the Swedish Mausers.... great rifles not shot out.
Dr. Bob you are correct, this is really the best military rifle ever made..it was made in peace time, so they had time to make it well...in South Africa these rifles are extremely scarce..there are two SWISS rifle clubs here, one in Johannesburg and one in Cape Town.

There are no accessories like the SWISS product target sight available in South Africa at all, this is why I am trying to get a BAD ACE Scope mount from the USA..
Fortunately RL 17 propellant is available here in SA..I will be using this rifle with open sights to hunt ..

The US military tried out the GP11 bullets but had to quit. With their high B.C. the range of the loads exceeded the range safety. If you look at the 284 Winchester, you will see they stole the design of the GP11 and necked it down. Winchester also stole the design for the 338 Win Mag from the 330 BSA. Great moves by Winchester.
Do not forget, they stole the Imperial Magnum design from Canada as well, it was the first design ever of using the 404 Jeffery brass case and neck it up/down into a series of rifle calibers by Aubrey White in Canada...this is where the concept of the RUM, EDGE , Remmington short action ultra magnum designs comes from...I am fortunate to have received the reloading components of the .338 Imperial Magnum from Aubrey White himself before his passing..

Dr. Bob you are correct, this is really the best military rifle ever made..it was made in peace time, so they had time to make it well...in South Africa these rifles are extremely scarce..there are two SWISS rifle clubs here, one in Johannesburg and one in Cape Town.

There are no accessories like the SWISS product target sight available in South Africa at all, this is why I am trying to get a BAD ACE Scope mount from the USA..
Fortunately RL 17 propellant is available here in SA..I will be using this rifle with open sights to hunt ..
I don't have my load data but here is the link to Swiss Products. Here is the RL17 suggested loading:

"Bullet:175gr Berger Vld, Hornady 175 ELD or 175gr Sierre Match KIngAssuming you have followed all of the case preparation instructions, this beginning point for use of the 175 grain projectile and Reloder17 may put you exactly where you want to be for minute of angle shooting.Begin at 48 grains of Reloder17 and work your way toward 50.1 grains in 1/4 grain increments"

I wound up at 51 grains..... 175 gr pushing 2600 fps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JodiSchuma

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Christensen MPP 308 w/o brace
CZ 1012 12 ga
Tokarev TBP 12ga Bull Pup
Stoeger M3000 12ga
Springfield Prodogy 9mm
booker wrote on Wesley's profile.
Hello Wesley, on your M70 .416 do you only want cash or are you interested in trades?
gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
[redacted]
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.