6.5x55 or 7x57 or 7mm-08 (Tikka, Ruger, CZ, Winchester)

Don't discount the Ruger African In 6.5x55. It shoots lights out, has perfect balance and way more class than the Tikka. They only made 250 so it should hold it's value. Can still be found on Gunbroker for around 1,100 bucks.

Just watch one go this last wknd on a Gunbroker regular RA-6.5x55 bi-weekly auction for $855.

Got a very good deal on mine not too long ago.

May be a buyer's market 'till they're gone.

Red

Don't have either, but have 6.5 creedmoor and had 7mag and the 6.5 out performs the 7. On paper the 7 is better but real results go to the 6.5. There is just something unexplainable about the punch of a 6.5 bullet

Last edited:
Lots of feedback on the subject so far, thanks guys!! So I think I've narrowed it down to the 6.5 Swede or the 7x57... or both ;)
I hope you ended up with both

Wow, what a resurrection!

Anyway, I brought my Tikka T3X in 6.5x55 to South Africa with me recently. It performed flawlessly on blesbok, impala, and warthog.

160 gr Woodleigh PPSN, Nosler brass, and H4350 at about 2400 fps. I am one of those unfortunate creatures whom God decided to bless into being left-handed, so my rifle options are kind of limited. I'd have preferred a small ring Mauser, but I'm pretty happy with the Tikka.

A sinister success @sgt_zim! My mother is naturally left-handed but was forced to write right-handed at school. She never forced any of her pupils to change writing hands. I naturally do a couple of things left-handed and have learnt to use some of my hand/power tools left-handed for reasons of practicality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fortuneofgizaRoseanna

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles