577 Nitro Express Commercial Ammunition

Depending on how old the rifle is and who built it, the zeroing distance must also be taken into account. The old British big bore double rifles were often zeroed at 40 Yards.

Yes, Mr. Mark Sullivan was their white hunter when they decided to test these bullets out this year. The owner of Buffalo Bore Ammunition hunted with him.

The selections look extremely promising:

For the .577 Nitro Express, you’ve got 2 load offerings:
a) 750Gr Barnes TSX
b) 750Gr Cutting Edge Bullets Safari Solids

This is the exact combination which Mark currently uses in his .577 Nitro Express Heym Model 88B.

For the .600 Nitro Express, you’ve got 4 load offerings:
a) 900Gr Hammer semi spitzer (duplicating the 110Gr cordite loading)
b) 900Gr Hammer semi spitzer (duplicating the 100Gr cordite loading)
c) 900Gr Cutting Edge Bullets Safari Solids (duplicating the 110Gr cordite loading)
d) 900Gr Cutting Edge Bullets Safari Solids (duplicating the 100Gr cordite loading)
If I may .. in .577 "What is the purpose/theory behind the TSX"?
assuming not for Elephant ..
Many Thanks.

If I may .. in .577 "What is the purpose/theory behind the TSX"?
assuming not for Elephant ..
Many Thanks.

As @Hunter-Habib wrote, such loads are well suited for some game species, but a DR caliber 577 is primarily used for hunting elephants and this ammunition is not suitable for that. When considering the regulation of a DR, someone has to think carefully about having it regulated with ammunition that is not suitable for elephant hunting. Nobody needs a rifle like that for hunting anything other than elephants. If it's just about having fun with such a rifle, you can consider other loads, especially with weaker recoil, but I don't think that's why loads from SAX for example were processed.

As @Hunter-Habib wrote, such loads are well suited for some game species, but a DR caliber 577 is primarily used for hunting elephants and this ammunition is not suitable for that. When considering the regulation of a DR, someone has to think carefully about having it regulated with ammunition that is not suitable for elephant hunting. Nobody needs a rifle like that for hunting anything other than elephants. If it's just about having fun with such a rifle, you can consider other loads, especially with weaker recoil, but I don't think that's why loads from SAX for example were processed.
Thank you, just as well.
I found it strange, in a sense that the TSX were Sold Out in 577 with Buffalo Bore, while the Solids were Available?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TodCrayton

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

DEAR SIR/MADAM,
DO YOU NEED FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FINANCE TO ENLARGE YOUR BUSINESS?
WE HELP INDIVIDUALS AND COMPANIES TO OBTAIN FINANCE FOR BUSINESS
EXPANDING AND TO SETUP A NEW BUSINESS RANGING ANY AMOUNT. GET FINANCE AT AFFORDABLE INTEREST RATE OF 3% contact us Pacific landing Whatsapp +91, Seven, Three, 0, Three, Three, Eight, Two, Six, Three, One
NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?