505 Gibbs

JSPelasara

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa
505 Gibbs, 26” barrel, length of pull 14.5”, gun does not have any marks on wood or metal, I have never fired the rifle, pictures should tell it all, price is $2,500, will accept personal check or certified funds from lower 48 only, will work with potential buyer on shipping and insurance.

IMG_1654.jpeg
IMG_1655.jpeg
IMG_1656.jpeg
IMG_1657.jpeg
IMG_1658.jpeg
IMG_1659.jpeg
IMG_1660.jpeg
IMG_1661.jpeg
IMG_1662.jpeg
IMG_1663.jpeg
IMG_1664.jpeg
IMG_1665.jpeg
IMG_1666.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully it has a serial number... Who made it?

How much does it weigh?

I will check to see if it has a serial number I have never looked believe it to be 1917 eddy stone action bought the barreled action from custom rifle maker and he stocked and finished the rifle I will get the weight and post it the rifle is heavy by the time I carried it would be to tired to shoot it thanks Jeff

Thanks for the info I know the guys on the site have more knowledge on the guns than I have but will try to answer any questions that I can

Pre-68 guns are not required to have an SN
Good to know, although I would be worried an FFL would require proof of age in this case.

Last edited:
I just went out and opened safe curious on the serial number myself and I see none only numbers I see are the numbers p14 USA 303 wondering should I remove it from the classifieds for sale thanks Jeff

If the gun still counts as a pre-68... It seems legal. But my knowledge of gun laws is pretty limited. Likely it would be up to someone's FFL.

Did you get a chance to weigh the rifle?

Nice looking rifle. GLWS. There is a way to assign a serial number. Talked to a knowledgeable FFL.
KRISH

Last edited:
If the gun still counts as a pre-68... It seems legal. But my knowledge of gun laws is pretty limited. Likely it would be up to someone's FFL.

Did you get a chance to weigh the rifle?
Sorry no but I will in the morning and get back with you Jeff

I'm far from an expert, but I think the P14 Eddystone in .303 was only built from 1914-1917. I'm not sure if that helps or not. It is a good looking gun. I'm seriously tempted but have no need for a 505.

Thanks I checked with my ffl shop and said before 1968 some had no serial number he said he would have no trouble logging it in and shipping it and for those of you who asked according to my bathroom scale the rifle weighs between nine and a half and 10 pounds

Good to hear it's legal, sorry for the scare.

I'll have to pass, 10lb is too light for my taste. Thank you for checking.

P14's were built pre WW1

Any more detail on who built the rifle? Also, where is the rifle located? Thanks

Looks like a lot of gun for the money.

Pre-68 guns are not required to have an SN
It will for sure need a serial number to get into South Africa even temporarily. I seem to recall reading one military rifle from that era had serial number below the wood but can't remember offhand which model.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck40M565

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]