.505 Gibbs Your Opinion

Kanzutu has it right: after getting a proper stance, work on hitting the target. Best advice I've ever gotten about heavy recoil rifles is it doesn't recoil any less if you miss the target.

Colorado is right about the recoil of the 50BMG. However, try shooting on a line of people similarly equipped: the gun you are shooting isn't the problem, it is the muzzle brake blast from the guy next to you that clears the sinuses. If you ever find yourself shooting 50's in a group setting, pick a spot at the end of the line so you only get hit in the face by one rifle's blast not two.

scroll up to the top of the screen .
click on community
open introductions and greeting
click on post new thread .
and go for it .
sorry kanzutu , I should of told you this .

Bluey
Thanks!

Bert the Turtle
Very good thought to keep in mind. When you touch off that shot there is going to be recoil no matter what so make it count.
I've over done it in the past and had a few things I used to say to myself. Squeeze squeeze Squeeze.. or let the recoil rock you. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fairyrock

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]