Hunting reports
Africa
Les Bauska .505 Gibbs rifle for sale.

23” barrel
Double square bridge
14” LOP
11.2 pounds

Beautiful highly figured stock

Les Bauska was a Montana custom rifle maker and produced very accurate, high quality rifles.

$5750 for the rifle only.

I have three life times supply of ammo, brass, bullets and dies I can sell also. CEB, Northfork, Barnes, WoodLeigh ammo

Hendershots will load more ammo with these components if you don’t reload

The Riton red dot can be worked into the right deal. I can negotiate a good price for everything sold together
IMG_4237.jpeg
IMG_4237.jpeg
IMG_3235.jpeg
IMG_3229.jpeg
IMG_3228.jpeg
IMG_3230.jpeg
IMG_3231.jpeg
IMG_3232.jpeg
IMG_3233.jpeg
IMG_3234.jpeg
IMG_3236.jpeg
IMG_3238.jpeg
IMG_3240.jpeg
IMG_3241.jpeg
IMG_3239.jpeg
IMG_5197.jpeg
IMG_5195.jpeg
IMG_5196.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4238.jpeg
    IMG_4238.jpeg
    881.1 KB · Views: 60
If mine doesn’t do it for you. Krish has an octagon barreled Les Bauska he might sell you.

If mine doesn’t do it for you. Krish has an octagon barreled Les Bauska he might sell you.
That is a beautiful rifle. Top it off lot of ammo and reloading component available to the buyer.
GLWS.
I DONT HAVE A 505 less Bauska. The one I have is custom 416 Rigby built by him with his Hexogonal barrel.
Krish

Beautiful rifle, serious big game rifle

It tipped this very old, large tuskless over in her tracks with a chest shot. So yeah, it’s good elephant medicine. I racked a second round in and hit her again before she hit the ground. That’s how smooth the action is.

This is not a mass produced rifle that needs bugs worked out. It’s dialed in and ready for action now.

IMG_4536.jpeg
IMG_4571.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The wood on that rifle is spectacular.

Someone is going to enjoy a fine rifle.

This is a great deal!

But sadly a bad year for me to buy more guns. :cry:

A write up from a publication

A very special rifle made by the ledgendary Gun smith Les Bauska:
Rifles of this quality and custom attention are hard to find and very expensive. This is not a stock Dakota in .375
but a unique rifle with beautiful dark Turkish Walnut Stock
Famous for his barrels Les Bauska built this gun upon his BBK-02 action. Known for its durability. one of the strongest Magnum actions ever built .

Bauska was very well known for his Barrels and his rifle accuracy.

Firearms like this are very rare, expensive and well worth it. It's in a league of its own like Rigby and Holalnad and Holland of England.
Bauska was a great American Gun maker

This is from a press release about the Actions:

Olympic Arms purchased the tooling to produce these actions from a Montana resident named Jack Bauska back in the late 1980's. The actions are large frame Mauser style actions for Safari size cartridges like the 375 H&H and larger. With a box magazine length of 3.85" and a collar size to match, these actions were some of the strongest bolt action receivers ever made (investment cast), and could handle anything up to and including the .505 Gibbs cartridge.
Last manufactured in 2002 with an upgraded 3 position Winchester style safety and Timney triggers, the ultramag actions, still often referred to as the Bauska, or BBK action by many, were highly sought after actions for custom rifle manufacturers around the world. Standing orders existed for the Gibbs Rifle Company as well as the smashingly famous Holland & Holland Rifle Company.

Wow what a great package. I don't need it but boy I'm sure trying to figure out a reason to buy it.

Really a very nice rifle. Hoping it gets sold before I can justify purchasing this beautiful rifle. Need to lookup the free recoil of this beauty.

I can send you a video of me shooting it. To show its very tame compared to many

Pm me with a phone number to text you the video.

A weight of 11.2 pounds is proper for this caliber rifle. Stout recoil no doubt, but not beyond most shooters with standard loads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KrystalSmo

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available