500 Jeffery Club

Should probably start a 500 Jeffery Shooting thread, would be interesting to see all the different 500 Jeffery rifles out there and how they shoot

Shooting steel with my first R8 in 500 Jeffery a few years ago

I'll gladly embarrass myself with 500 footage I was able to capture .. I think it's been exploited enough here, however.

New 500 Jeffery barrel, bolt head & mag insert. Mounted a Blaser RD20 red dot on top and had a new 1" decelerator pad fitted. Comes in at exactly 10.9lbs unloaded, I was hoping for around 11.5 pounds but with the new recoil pad and it also having a kickstop fitted it shouldn't be too uncomfortable to shoot. Will get it out on the range this weekend.

1724988384845.jpeg

1724988430059.jpeg

1724988461749.jpeg

New 500 Jeffery barrel, bolt head & mag insert. Mounted a Blaser RD20 red dot on top and had a new 1" decelerator pad fitted. Comes in at exactly 10.9lbs unloaded, I was hoping for around 11.5 pounds but with the new recoil pad and it also having a kickstop fitted it shouldn't be too uncomfortable to shoot. Will get it out on the range this weekend.

View attachment 630335
View attachment 630336
View attachment 630337
Beautiful set up. Looking forward to your report, from the 500's report!

Beautiful set up. Looking forward to your report, from the 500's report!

25 rounds is a lot with a 500 Jeffery!
a basic 101 question, but: If your rifle is regulated with Norma 570grn: How do you compensate for a 540grn? .. Is this where optics, RMR's, etc are simply adjusted?

many thanks.

a basic 101 question, but: If your rifle is regulated with Norma 570grn: How do you compensate for a 540grn? .. Is this where optics, RMR's, etc are simply adjusted?

many thanks.
Interested in your experience with the Kynoch 535 grains load.

My was “memorable “. 2 shots and sold the other 3 rounds with the rifle.

Interested in your experience with the Kynoch 535 grains load.

My was “memorable “. 2 shots and sold the other 3 rounds with the rifle.
I'll run & film em this week .. thank you, however.

Pleased to see someone moved forward.

Attachments

Practise makes perfect
It doesn't take long to become unacclimated with it.
I hope you enjoyed it though. It's quite the experience, (458 Lott was the furthest I could manage prior)

My 500 is coming along nicely. The gunsmith however likes to keep me in suspense as he still wants it to be a surprise when I see it :D
IMG-20240821-WA0116.jpg

By the sounds of things we are not that far from completion. Will be heading off to engraving soon.

My 500 is coming along nicely. The gunsmith however likes to keep me in suspense as he still wants it to be a surprise when I see it :D
View attachment 632116
By the sounds of things we are not that far from completion. Will be heading off to engraving soon.
She will be a stunner! Love the grain through the wrist. excellent choice of wood

My guns are all male!!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

My guns are all male!!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
I'll remember that when I see a picture of you fondling... him...

To each their own I guess, I'm not judging! :E Rofl:

View attachment 632116
Are you at liberty, personally or otherwise to divulge who's building this incredible .. build?

Are you at liberty, personally or otherwise to divulge who's building this incredible .. build?
Gerrie Coetzee in Bloemfontein

Did a lot of homework before I decided on a gunsmith, and I must say I have been very pleased! He is also a nice person to work with, you don't frequently get that with gunsmiths....

Gerrie Coetzee in Bloemfontein

Did a lot of homework before I decided on a gunsmith, and I must say I have been very pleased! He is also a nice person to work with, you don't frequently get that with gunsmiths....
Dang S. Africans must be testy. :-). I consider all of the gunsmiths I have used, with perhaps one exception, to be great guys and friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoB48

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]