.500/.450 no 1 express brass

Furharvester

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
USA
I have searched all over for ammunition for my double rifle that is chambered in .500/.450 no1 express, and finally i was able to get in contact with Bertram here in the USA. They manufacture brass for that caliber but the smallest box of brass I can buy is 100 rounds. Its brand new brass which is great but I don't need 100 cases. They are still finding out if they have any in stock and if so when they can get it here in the USA. If or when I get the brass is anyone interested in buying any?

I have searched all over for ammunition for my double rifle that is chambered in .500/.450 no1 express, and finally i was able to get in contact with Bertram here in the USA. They manufacture brass for that caliber but the smallest box of brass I can buy is 100 rounds. Its brand new brass which is great but I don't need 100 cases. They are still finding out if they have any in stock and if so when they can get it here in the USA. If or when I get the brass is anyone interested in buying any?
Found this if you need some in the meantime. I’ve never bought from this site..

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 8.13.54 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 8.13.54 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 8.13.55 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 8.13.55 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 8.13.56 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 8.13.56 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 8.13.56 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 8.13.56 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
Have you worked up a load yet? I have the same rifle,,,

Have you worked up a load yet? I have the same rifle,,,
I haven’t had the time to any loading for it. I was able to find 6 original Eley loaded cartridges for it. Only 1 of the 6 actually fired but I was happy to hear the rifle shoot. I’m glad to hear that someone else has the same rifle. I’ll let you know if I figure out a good load for it and please do the same if you find a good load for them.

I shall let you know. I am in conversations with a chap in the UK with some knowledge of the load as well as I have some reference books I need to thumb through.
Just need the time...

I am told 53 grains of 4198 plus pillow stuffing to the neck. magnum primer. 350 grain bullet.
waiting on the dies I ordered and we will see what happens :)

Happy loading, hopefully everything works out for you. I’m super hopeful the smokeless powder works out, a much cleaner option. I think I read that the original loads had 270 grain bullets and maybe a 500 grain option but I’m not sure on the 500 load maybe that was one of the nitro loads. The one issue I have ran into with loading for the rifle is brass. The six I have are all berdan primed and being here in the states there aren’t many options for berdan primed reloading. I have found a couple options but haven’t ordered any yet. Good luck my friend, I’m excited to hear how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChauMcclos

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.