.475 No.2 Eley loaded ammo value?

RR 314

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
The other post had me thinking about the value of this loaded ammo. My dad died a couple months ago and I picked this up out of his safe as a reminder and they are cool paperweights. Appears to be 2007 manufactured date. The rifle is long gone. Quick research showed sales around $100 per five. That sounds crazy. Numerous boxes of soft and solids. Does anybody have an idea what a reasonable price would be? If they are worth more in the free market than I value them on my desk as paperweights, I will sell them (minus a couple boxes) and give the proceeds to my mom. Thanks for any information.

IMG_8768.jpeg
IMG_8769.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do any of you gurus have an idea on value? I should have gone through this stuff when my dad was still with us.

Rare caliber......whatever somebody is willing to pay.....
Cost you zero.....so what you want?

I am sorry for your father, my condolences.

Maybe I don't understand all right, but do you think 100 USD per box is too much or not ?

This is usable ammunition in a rare caliber. Maybe someone has been looking for such cartridges for a long time. 100 USD for a box of 5 cartridges is approximately the new price, in Europe they would be more expensive. For this reason I would first of all put it up at auction for a price a little under 100 USD and see what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShelbyLob

Latest profile posts

Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian
Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better