470 NE vs. 500 NE for Hippo

a sure shot at the size of a cigarette box (in water).
What are you doing there with a double rifle?
Your first hunt and then something as boring as this.
You'd better go chase an old elandbull for the money; he'll show you.
But you have probably seen too many videos of MS, this is absolutely nothing for beginners.
Not at all.

I wouldn't say it so roughly , but it is so.

We no longer live at the end of the 19° century or at the beginning of the 20° century , in times when there was hardly a suitable DG cartridge for bolt action rifles and the DR were the rifles of choice. Nowadays we have a choice of a lot of good cartridges for bolt action rifles , rifles with which one can still shoot accurate also under bad conditions and if necessary longer distances. A DR is an second choice rifle for an Africa hunter from the beginning of the 21° century. This kind of rifle can nowadays only be used under limited conditions , or you adapt your hunt to your rifle with the risk of going home without game. In all cases it is nothing for the first hunt in Africa , if you want to be successful , and certainly nothing for hippo.

If you want to hunt with a double rifle then do so,practice practice & practice some more,I have done all my DG hunts with double rifles,it's a personal choice,if I did a Hippo? it would be surely on land but in case it's not? I would still use one of my Double rifles,it's not about what others think:) it's your money & your hunt,do what gives you the most satisfaction,my first buff was with a 470,up close & personal,choosing a Sabbati might be folly,I would trust my money with a Heym,Krieghoff or Merkel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babawanjimba

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!