Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Another package from Hornady. Now we can get on with testing
IMG_5190.JPG

You don't mess around!

Looks to be lots of testing coming up!!

Shoot um up James!

wish a this kinda package would show up at my door (in 500 NE)!

you certainly have some shooting to catch up on.

-matt

I hope you're being sponsored by Hornady. ;-)

The cost in the US is a lot less compared to where I'm from, but still...

If i did my math right 140 rounds of facory ammo (Norma PH /w woodleigh 500's) in 470 would set you back the equivalent of about $2600. Hornady - if you can find it - is probably somewhat cheaper but it is still not cheap.

Enjoy your testing! Your shoulder probably will :-)

I'm very interested to learn how the DGX Bonded preforms.

@cmk those prices almost make me feel bad that i'm going to shoot a bunch of pigs with it....... almost.
Let me know if you need some help, two 470’s shooting pigs won’t wear your Searcy out so fast. Lol

I can see a sore shoulder in your future. Have fun!

I hope you're being sponsored by Hornady. ;-)

The cost in the US is a lot less compared to where I'm from, but still...

If i did my math right 140 rounds of facory ammo (Norma PH /w woodleigh 500's) in 470 would set you back the equivalent of about $2600. Hornady - if you can find it - is probably somewhat cheaper but it is still not cheap.

Enjoy your testing! Your shoulder probably will :)

in the USA a box of Hornady 470 NE will run between $100-$170 depending on where you buy them. i know ive bought boxes of Hornady 500 NE at $100 a box off gun broker as well as from a clearance sale at my local Cabelas.

-matt

Well.. it's still not cheap. And that is why most people who shoot big bores are into reloading, I guess.

Interestingly Norma (domestic) factory ammo is cheaper in the US than back here.

Anyway - really interested in hearing about the DGX bonded performance.

Happy hunting!

Damn... I see a sore shoulder in your future!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelDak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?