Capt_Oscar

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Canada, United States, South Africa
Seems everyone is looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist; I decided it was time to get on the bandwagon.

In April, I ordered a barrel from SSK Industries in 450 Nitro 3 1/4". My goal was a 500gr at 2150fps. The muzzle brake is only a place holder until my big bore suppressor is back in stock.

This will never see Africa. I have a custom 375H&H, 404J, 458Lott in bolt actions and a 500NE in a Ruger No1. Full disclosure: I had a spare Nikon Monarch African Series scope that I wouldn't sell so it needed a home.

Off to the range this afternoon... Well see how she does. With the laminate stock, scope and steel rings we're at 10.5lbs.
0815231129a.jpg

The first photo was getting on target with the scope.

The second photo is dialed in (100yds). Disregard the 308Win holes. I shoot small caliber first, then large to save targets.

(Both 3 shot groups)

The load is Hornady 500gr RN Interlocks stuffed on top of 92grs of IMR-4350, ignited with Federal 215M primers.

0826231847_HDR~2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what is viewable... Uploaded 2 photos, only showed 1 (the 2nd photo - on the bullseye.) Then tried to edit the post. Only to show the 2nd photo. Then tried to delete it, it won't. Made a 2nd reply of getting on target (nice group even if just getting on target).

That's enough internet for tonight. Nothing is cooperating.

How does your Lott handle??? Even with a full bull's weight and a brake this 450Nitro is fairly vicious.
Having some work done on it now, so haven’t tried it yet. It should be fun as the Lott has a very fast recoil.

Cap, that 500 no1 would be fun. I have the 470 and it is 9.1 lbs, it’s pretty spirted but fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PHPKenneth

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles