416 Ruger for under $700

They're down to $609 on gun broker. There are 5 left.
 
That gunbroker too dangerous... .Too many things I want on it......but being here a long way away I am safe from my bad monkey on my shoulder whispering in my ear.....:E Big Grin:
Now they are offered at $609. It's killing me.
 
I think the Africans are around
What is the weight on these? I’m in the market but like the 9 pound weight of the Model 70.

7.8 lb is the number Ive seen for the African. That may be the .375 in which case the .416 may be slightly lighter with the same barrel profile.
 
Picked up the 416 Ruger this afternoon, Model 37169.

Actual weight 7lb 14 ounces, has a 23 inch tube.
 
Wow, nice deal!!!!
 
Brass, dies, primers, bullets (200 350gr Speer Mag-Tip), powder (2000-MR & RL15), Lee FCD, 416 Forster pilot and collet, new loading blocks...begin to arrive tomorrow.

More $$ in reloading components than the rifle!
 
soooooooo jealous right now...

although.. it is Christmas right?

maybe I need to buy me a gift!

:)
 
It's an incredible deal! I like Rugers in general! I must admit it's very tempting and seductive price.
 
They have one less than they did.....:whistle:

Nice!

AH has cost me a lot of money the last few years and has provided an avenue for some unforgettable experiences!
 
Dies and 350gr Speer Mag-Tip bullets came in over the past few days. Wanted to test the feeding and extraction as Ruger was called out as having poor ejection in the Zim PH course, so made up 4 dummy rounds.

The dummy rounds feed and eject properly if I run the bolt slow or as hard as I can, no issues. The feed rails are sharp and have scratched the brass up more than any other rifle I have. It will probably wear in with some use.

You do have to make sure all the rounds are pushed to the back of the magazine, obviously, but it’s a pretty tight fit when trying to get the fourth round into the chamber.

I ran a Lee FCD with a light crimp and it wouldn’t hold the bullets securely with a couple of cycles through the gun. I placed a heavier crimp with the same issue, bullets would get knocked in running through the action.

Solution, pull the expander-decamper out of the die, full length resize, reseat the bullet and apply an even heavier crimp. Ran the rounds through the gun 4 times and they are holding.

Looking forward to touching a few rounds off over the next few weeks!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,436
Messages
1,576,138
Members
170,524
Latest member
AngelSor
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top