.416 Flanged, .44 Spl, & .38 Spl Brass For Sale

jamest

AH member
Reaction score
Up for sale is some brass I’ve collected over the years that I don’t currently have any use for:

64 pieces of .416 Flanged Magnum (21 pieces of unfired brass, 25 pieces of fired brass, and 18 pieces of resized fired brass [six of them primed]). From what I can gather, the fired stuff seems to be once fired. I didn't inspect the brass closely when I purchased it, and I did so under the mistaken impression that it was a different cartridge. From the limited information I've been able to find, the "BS" on the headstamp stands for Butch Searcy, and the .416 FLM appears to be a rimmed .416 Remington (the fired stuff is 2.845 long, .570 at the rim, .515 at the base, .490 at the shoulder, about 2.4 to the body/shoulder juncture, about 2.44 to the shoulder/neck juncture, and has an approximately .060 thick rim). I believe the manufacturer is Bertram. It could probably be used to form .375 Flanged H&H, though it would end up a bit short. Whoever fired this brass, I assume, modified a .416 Remington die without adjusting it accordingly, because the resized casings have the shoulder set back about .1." One piece is about .2" longer than the rest of the lot, so I assume these were formed from a run of headstamped basic brass. If anyone has any more information about this cartridge, I'd be interested to hear it. Asking $30 + shipping.

200 pieces of once fired .38 Special brass sorted by headstamp (120 pieces of Remington, 51 pieces of Federal, and 29 pieces of PPU). Asking $30 + shipping.

101 pieces of .44 Special brass sorted by headstamp (26 pieces of WRA headstamp, 30 pieces of WW headstamp, and 45 pieces of R-P headstamp). It’s my understanding that this is all once fired brass from my father and great uncle prior to his passing. Asking $20 + shipping.

416A.jpg
416B.jpg
38SPL.jpg
38SPL2.jpg
44SPL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropping the price to $20 + shipping for the .416 Flanged brass, $20 + shipping for the .38 brass, and $15 + shipping for the .44 brass.

I’ll take the 416 flanged and the 44 special brass. I assume you will ship them in one box.
Thanks, Ron (horsedoc49)
please let me know your payment preferences and address, etc

I,ll buy the 38spcl brass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LJBGabriel

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?