375H&H load data - 300gr Sierra Gameking

Alistair

AH fanatic
Joined
May 25, 2018
Messages
996
Reaction score
3,492
Location
Milwaukee, WI
Media
2
Articles
1
Hunted
Scotland, Ireland & England
Hi all,

I'm looking for some load data for a 300gr Gameking out of a 375H&H.

I don't suppose anyone has a copy of the Sierra manual and would be willing to post a pic of the page for this cartridge?

Recommendations on powder etc are also most welcome, although I'm likely going to try N160 and RL15 first off, as I have both from other calibres.

This'll be a load for plinking at the range and hopefully some driven boar in the not too distant if it makes any difference.

Thanks,
Al
 
Hi - from the Sierra app...
IMG_0430.JPG
 
@Hearties , many thanks that's perfect.

Jeffrey, yeah, I agree the Gameking is no good for anything too substantial, but they are good value, give good velocity and are impressively accurate in everything I've used them in (.270 primarily).

Besides, the paper boar on the range won't mind, and I can always keep them for practice if they aren't up to snuff.
 
You’re most welcome - I’m sure they’ll work just fine on everything up to buff.
 
I've not used the Sierra or developed a load for it. But my rifle along with many others I've read about in .375H&H like IMR4350. I've developed three loads with 300gr bullets using this powder.
 
This is from the fifth edition.
Hope this helps.

image.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have used this bullet a bit.
on donkeys it is a good killer and has reliable terminal performance, having a wide mushroom, and retaining a lot of weight.
also very accurate,
can't remember my load, but it was between 75 and 77 gns h4350, and was doing around 2550.
I would not shoot a big bovine on the point of the shoulder at close range with this bullet.
bruce.
 
I loaded some with h414 one grain above minimum per hodgons website, I can’t remember the charge now. It produced 1 inch groups at 2525fps out of my M70 safari express.
 
75Gs of Win 760 = 2583fps for a 300g Sierra Gameking
with excellent accuracy out of my Old Interarms
76Gs of RL15= 2821fps with a 250G Gameking from the same rifle
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,574,022
Members
169,884
Latest member
PamalaHust
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top