375 Renner Belted

Saul

AH elite
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA, UK, Hungary, Argentina, Mexico
Given the positive reviews of RJ Renner on this site, I thought I would ask if anyone has any experience or opinions of the 375 Renner Belted cartridge that he offers.

So it like the 375RUGER because it fits in a long action, but at the same time...has no real advantage over it. Matter of fact, I know of some people who think that a belted cartridge is not the right choice for DG hunting because the belt has the possibility of impeding feeding of cartridges from the magazine. Yeah, not likely, but some will choose a 450RIGBY over a 458LOTT or 458WM because of the belt.

It would be difficult (for me) to make a rifle purchase in this cartridge without having a good (several hundered) supply of properly headstamped brass and dies for it. Even then, I don't reload so I'd really be up the creek!

On the other hand, it's not a 375RUGER, 375H&H, 375WBY...etc. You will be in uncharted territory and for some, that's the thrill of it. There's something to be said for showing up at the range, seeing all your buddies and knowing you have something they have never seen before.

Rifle purchases (like cars, motorcycles and hunting knives) don't have to be rational or make sense to anyone other than the buyer. If this one happens to tick all the boxes for you...no amount of sensible talk should dissuade you from doing so. YOLO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franklin92