375 H&H

I have a Winchester Model 70 in 375 H&H topped with a Zeiss 3.5x10 scope shooting 270 grain Barnes TSX bullets and I LOVE IT! It seems to be a great all around rifle and its a pleasure to shoot.
 
I have a new model 70 Winchester in 375 H & H with a Leupold VX6 2-12 illuminated scope on it. At the range the gun is capable of putting 3 shots into one ragged hole. I used in on plains game with Hornady Superformance 270 grain SP RP ammo. I don't think of this as dangerous game ammo but it sure flattened everything I hit well with it.

With that ammo it has a tragetory close to a 30-06 and is very effective out to 300 yards. After handling it, my PH told me I should hold onto that gun because it handles well and shoots great. I like that it is controlled round feed and it seems to be a good compromise on weight and recoil. It is just a great shooter and I don't end up banged up by it. It comes with a great recoil pad and for the price I think you would be hard pressed to do better for an all around African Rifle. The only possible negatives I see are that it only holds 3 rounds in the magazine and that the walnut stock may not be the best thing for an Alaskan hunt.
 
If your interested I will most likely be offering up my CZ550 375HH American complete with Quick release mounts, also had the action and feed ramp polished and the trigger adjusted by a Pro,,presently has a Vortex 3.5X10X50 but will seperate. I can alway find use for the scope,,It has a round count at about a 100 . I also have Brass and Re- loading dies,,
 
Boy that doesn't sound good Robb44, that really should be kept for future hunts. I absolutely love mine.
 
Boy that doesn't sound good Robb44, that really should be kept for future hunts. I absolutely love mine.
I like mine to, but you have hunted Chris,s property and that 375 is a load for a Geezer like me.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,303
Messages
1,572,210
Members
169,509
Latest member
MonikaEdge
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top