.375 H&H 300 grain Nosler Partition vs Swift A-Frames

Thanks for all the information everyone. The .375 Nosler Partitions I have are old new stock. I’m guessing pre any hardening processes.

It looks as though I am on the hunt for some 300 grain swift A frames or some 300 grain Trophy Bobded Bear Claw.

That being said if anyone has any to sell, please do reach out to me.

I have various reloading components to trade if you like, including small pistol, small rifle and large rifle primers and a variety of brass and bullets.

John
Don't forget the Barnes TSX. They shot the best in my 375H&H compared to the Norma Oryx, Swift A-Frame and TBBC. Get a box of each and do your own accuracy test. It's surprising how some rifles like certain bullets over others.

Use up those NP's on the range, but keep your scope doped for your primary choice.

416 400 grain Swift A-frame recovered from a Sable, I was expecting better results. Will I use Swift bullets again, absolutely! One 400 grain A-frame killed my Cape Buffalo and the bullet exited.
20240615_205717.jpg

416 400 grain Swift A-frame recovered from a Sable, I was expecting better results. Will I use Swift bullets again, absolutely! One 400 grain A-frame killed my Cape Buffalo and the bullet exited. View attachment 619706
Are you sure that wasn’t possibly a 350 gr? The bullet looks too perfect to have lost that much mass and unusual for an A-Frame. If it was a 400 that’s actually still very impressive mushroom/performance even if it lost some mass.

Are you sure that wasn’t possibly a 350 gr? The bullet looks too perfect to have lost that much mass and unusual for an A-Frame. If it was a 400 that’s actually still very impressive mushroom/performance even if it lost some mass.
100% positive it was a 400 grain as I've never purchased the 350 grain version! These bullets were purchased directly from Swift specifically for my Buffalo hunt!

416 400 grain Swift A-frame recovered from a Sable, I was expecting better results. Will I use Swift bullets again, absolutely! One 400 grain A-frame killed my Cape Buffalo and the bullet exited. View attachment 619706
I’m a little surprised you recovered a 400 gr a-frame from a sable. Can you tell us more about the shot?

Sounds like perfect bullet performance the weight retention is puzzling though. Here's a 300g A-Frame that penetrated a 900 lb brown bear diagonally at 13 yards. Retained weight 299.5g Maybe your scale is wrong

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like perfect bullet performance the weight retention is puzzling though. Here's a 300g A-Frame that penetrated a 900 lb brown bear diagonally at 13 yards. Retained weight 299.5g Maybe your scale is wrong

full

full
Scale is on, double checked with my RCBS scale. The bullet lost a good deal of it's front core. Like I said I will use Swift A-frame bullets again, I can't judge a bullets performance by one sample.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d use partitions on plains game up to and including eland but my rifle isn’t as fond of them as the other two options. My personal preference is Trophy Bonded Bear Claws first then A-Frames. I had an A-Frame pass through a buffalo last year in Zimbabwe. Slightly quartering away, heart/double lung and through the offside shoulder.

I tested partitions out for my leopard hunt, wanting something a little softer that opened quicker but got much better accuracy with core-lokts and power-shoks.

Perhaps something(?) happened in the bonding process.Looks more like a Nosler Part then an Aframe

Perhaps something(?) happened in the bonding process.Looks more like a Nosler Part then an Aframe
I can Assure you it's a A-frame! Like I said, I will continue to use the Swift A-frame. I don't consider this a bullet failure at all, But just an example of anything can happen when shooting at live game!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fdjhtyrtrj

Latest profile posts

gunslinger1971 wrote on Gray Fox's profile.
Do you still have the Browning 1895 and do you want to sell it? I'm might be interested. If so please let me know and do you have any pictures?

Steve in Missouri
Gunslinger1971@yahoo.com
Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.