35 Whelen AI Mauser

19olivedrab88

AH member
Reaction score
Finished up this build last night on an FN Commercial action. Barrel is a 1:12 twist from Numrich (thought to be a green mtn), bottom metal off an Interarms Mark X, sights from NECG, Model 70 style safety bolt shroud from Pacific Tool and Gauge, timney trigger, B&C varmint stock, talley bases and qd rings, and a Leupold vx-hog 1-4. Metal is cerakoted in graphite black.

20230906_185415.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking rifle! That should suffice for just about anything.

Great choice of cartridge. I’ve got a 35 Whelen AI built on a M700 action and it is a shooter. 200gr TTSX, 225gr Partitions, and 250gr Speer are all very accurate. I just got some CFE223 powder to try out and I’m waiting on Swift 280gd AFrames to become available so I can try them out. I haven’t killed anything with it yet, but I expect it will hammer deer and pigs.

I like a traditional look, but I like the looks of your rifle

Finished up this build last night on an FN Commercial action. Barrel is a 1:12 twist from Numrich (thought to be a green mtn), bottom metal off an Interarms Mark X, sights from NECG, Model 70 style safety bolt shroud from Pacific Tool and Gauge, timney trigger, B&C varmint stock, talley bases and qd rings, and a Leupold vx-hog 1-4. Metal is cerakoted in graphite black.

View attachment 555662
@19olivedrab88
Welcome to the 35 club mate you won't be disappointed. I have the 35 Whelen AI and a standard Whelen.
My AI stays in the safe since I learnt to load the standard Whelen to its full potential. Both ar e great tho
Bob

Great looking rifle for severe weather use! I have a 375 Whelen AI on a Mauser action and love it, it even puts loads while fire forming into around an inch group. I really need to shoot something with it!

Great looking rifle for severe weather use! I have a 375 Whelen AI on a Mauser action and love it, it even puts loads while fire forming into around an inch group. I really need to shoot something with it!
@Bullthrower338
Cody you now need a 400 Whelen to complete the Whelen trio.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeonoreMos

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well