333 Jeffery barrel dimensions

Thanks @rigbymauser - yep there is something about those long bullets.

Yours sounds impressive, any pictures?
N6ciBOZ.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @rigbymauser - :LOL: I've had your picture saved at the front of my 'build book' since the project began. I think that is pure class. Love it. A bit hard to tell from the picture - do you have scope bases on it?

Yep you're reading it right @rifletuner ! He has that, an original. older 318 WR profile and a few Rigbys from various periods (y)
Thanks mate (y) (y) (y) I will talk to Swan about the 2 barrels I have in mind. If the build goes ahead, I will be talking to you about the stocks I will need.

Reactions: HRS
Thanks rigbymauser - very nice.

So if I am reading right, Swan has the Jeffery profile on file now? I might have to talk to them about some projects as I am thinking about building a 333 Jeff and also a 404 Jeff.
@rifletuner
There's a Brno 602 action and stock just listed on UsedGuns could be worth a look for the .404

Not sure about the milling off the dovetail - it will obviously mean a bit of fiddling around to fit bases.

Thanks all for the input on engraving ... #5 came out in front for me.

Here's my mock ups I've sent to the engraver.

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 8.08.22 am.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 8.11.07 am.png

Thanks all for the input on engraving ... #5 came out in front for me.

Here's my mock ups I've sent to the engraver.

View attachment 515786

View attachment 515789
Thats very nice. I will be very interested to see how it turns out. I may have to copy it for my builds. Then we would be establishing the de facto standard for Jeffery builds :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@rifletuner
There's a Brno 602 action and stock just listed on UsedGuns could be worth a look for the .404

Not sure about the milling off the dovetail - it will obviously mean a bit of fiddling around to fit bases.

I would be all over that - except all my rifles are left bolt. I once saw a LH 602 in 375H&H listed on abusedguns. I probably saw it early enough that I could have bought it, but it sold later that day. I just debated it a bit too long. Thats the only one I have ever seen in Australia.

Zastava M70 actions are pretty much my only answer.

Thats very nice. I will be very interested to see how it turns out. I may have to copy it for my builds. Then we would be establishing the de facto standard for Jeffery builds :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I reckon I was the crash test dummy for Swanny - I think mine was their first 333 - so hopefully any bugs ironed out for yours :giggle:

I would be all over that - except all my rifles are left bolt. I once saw a LH 602 in 375H&H listed on abusedguns. I probably saw it early enough that I could have bought it, but it sold later that day. I just debated it a bit too long. Thats the only one I have ever seen in Australia.

Zastava M70 actions are pretty much my only answer.
you can't muck around when you come across a unicorn :ROFLMAO:

you can't muck around when you come across a unicorn :ROFLMAO:

Yes, its one of only two abusedguns listings that I didnt act on and I really regret now. :cry::cry::cry:

Stock has been machined - very pleased with how it came up.

IMG_3358.JPG

IMG_3359.JPG

That's going to be nice (y) (y) (y)

Finally some progress

Barrel / trigger bow engraving done and the metalwork is on the way to the stockmaker.

IMG_5965.jpeg

IMG_5976.jpeg

IMG_5955.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CameronPro

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim