318wr old girl has seen better times

2015 I am sipping the last of my beer alowance slowly.

Hi Buddy will keep that in mind however I want imortality to be on the westley richards register manufactred 1907 restored 1915 for Mr S Blakely

Can't fault you in the slightest for that, and it's the best place she could go.

1915???? :E Head Scratch: thought you had spent all your beer money on .318`s :E Big Grin:

He's just like the rest of us lost souls, a century behind!

1915???? :E Head Scratch: thought you had spent all your beer money on .318`s :E Big Grin:
Ahh to be back in 1915 a couple of 1000 solids and elephant ever where no day fees no trophy fees ...just profit one pound to one £1.00 for the ivory. ... a man could be happy there .....

Update on the 318WR turnbolt - Westley Richards report states as follows

The rifle has been restocked rechambered , rebarreled and the action modified for the 8x57 recaliber

The cost of restoring the rifle would exceed the cost of purchasing a new rifle !

So seems like the old girl will remain as an 8x57 at least for now

However have had a respected UK gunsmith with whom I have existing business said he would have a look at it !

So further update next month

Ii am on it my friend just wondering if Paul would like a look at the old girl.

Decisions decisions decisions

Ii am on it my friend just wondering if Paul would like a look at the old girl.

Decisions decisions decisions

i would phone him and see what he says about it. +44 1403741786 wont cost you anything ;) . i know he is away soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsmith129

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]