300 RUM

Thank you, really I will not throw or 400 meters but I'm always obsessed with having the most and the 300 Winchester Magnum sometimes seems obsolete outweighed by other 300s.

Óscar

I looked up some ballistics for you for the .300WM and .300RUM. If you were shooting a 200gr bullet, the difference in muzzle velocity will be about 200fps. The .300WM will be about 2900fps and the .300RUM will be 3100fps. If you were shooting a bullet with a BC of 0.45 and zero'd at 200 yards, the bullet drop below zero will be 21 inches and 19.3 inches for the .300WM and .300RUM respectively. 1.7 inches less at 400 yards is not what I'd call excessive. Now after 400 yards it obviously starts to get more serious the difference.

I think that gives you an idea that your .300WM is far from obsolete at least in reasonable ranges.
 
I looked up some ballistics for you for the .300WM and .300RUM. If you were shooting a 200gr bullet, the difference in muzzle velocity will be about 200fps. The .300WM will be about 2900fps and the .300RUM will be 3100fps. If you were shooting a bullet with a BC of 0.45 and zero'd at 200 yards, the bullet drop below zero will be 21 inches and 19.3 inches for the .300WM and .300RUM respectively. 1.7 inches less at 400 yards is not what I'd call excessive. Now after 400 yards it obviously starts to get more serious the difference.

I think that gives you an idea that your .300WM is far from obsolete at least in reasonable ranges.


Thank you very much and forgive the inconvenience caused. I also read that the 300 WM has been used in competitions 1000 yards which is a respectable distance as they are almost 1000 meters. I imagine knowing well the equipment that you carry ammunition and firing can be done. Obviously with my rifle and viewer is unreachable, your goal is not that. Thank you
 
I have a 26 inch barrel so I typically see about 3250fps, with 180gr load... :) If I go crazy I can get that up to 3400fps...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,361
Members
169,539
Latest member
ErnestGaw
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top