PaulB

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
300 Holland - Super-Thirty

Hello all,

I wanted to share this rifle with everyone, a Holland & Holland SN 1482, 300 Holland Super-Thirty in takedown version. This rifle is special to me because of the condition and the original case with matching SN + accoutrements. I probably overpaid for this one, but for the period I am particularly impressed with the figure in the wood, so I had to have it.

As most of you know, the 300 H&H cartridge was introduced by Holland & Holland as the Super-Thirty in June, 1925. Since it was introduced much later than the 375 H&H, they are much scarcer in prewar examples in my experience. By all accounts, the ballistics were second to none when it arrived on the scene, and it earned its namesake Super-Thirty. By the mid 1930’s it was the most popular long-range competition round in the world. It won the 1000-yard Wimbledon Cup Match in 1935, and won again in 1937. It is still revered as one of the best plains game rifles in Africa.

The 300 H&H is one of my favorite hunting rounds, I hope you enjoy seeing this lovely example of British rifle making in all its glory.

Paul

IMG_6458.jpeg
IMG_6438.jpeg
IMG_6416.jpeg
IMG_6426.jpeg
IMG_6427.jpeg
IMG_6439.jpeg
IMG_6449.jpeg
IMG_6452.jpeg
IMG_6453.jpeg
IMG_6455.jpeg
IMG_6462.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Magnificent rifle and caliber......

Always a good start to the day when you post one of your rifles @PaulB - thanks.

Beautiful!

I agree with Cody, absolutely beautiful. The rifle is pretty cute too. LOL

Another absolutely gorgeous rifle!

Wow, what a beauty!!

Amigo, your taste in guns is impeccable and amazing

Truly the total package you have there - thanks for sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yreywretsw

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]