300 grain A-Frame verses 300 grain Nosler Accu

I wouldn't use Accubond on Brown Bear! I have shot a lot of A-frames in 300 RUM to 470NE and
0.45 to 0.60 off the lands seam be the sweat spot (while most Bergers 0.20 to 0.25 is common).
Witnessed 2 elk shot with Accubonds (210gr from 300WM and 250 from a 338RUM), neither did well.
A-frames are as good of DG bullet as you can buy! Agree with trying trying IMR4350!

I noticed the velocity is 100 fps faster on the swift, and that you used a different powder. Try the 4350 behind the Swift and see how it likes it.
It gets a little complicated but powder shortage is one issue. Both bullets shoot well with the H4350 but I get much more velocity with the RL17. I have about 1/3 lb of the H4350 which gets me 2400 fps with compressed load. RL17 ( 1/2 lb left) gets great velocity and with A-Frame loaded to crimp ring I am also compressed. Another thing, with A-Frame loaded to crimp ring those rounds load like butter, super smooth.

Load the Swift A Frames out to optimal length and crimp with a Lee Factory Crimp die. I think they are in stock at Lee Precision and cost about $15 or so. I would sight for 1" high at 100 yards and expect to take shots at under 200 yards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinjo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt