30-06 problem loading

I got to the problem of my 30-06 not loading and feel like an idiot. I was trying to load one at a time and not engaging the magazine. Occam's Razor at its finest.
Thanks to all for your great comments.
But you said the other rounds fed fine, were you loading one type from the mag and the other one at a time?
 
LOL So to school those who've only had an American factory push-feed, you cannot push-feed a Mauser/Win 70/CZ et. al. action. You must put the round(s) in the mag first so that the CRF bolt picks it up! I bet the gunsmith smiled and/or laughed!
 
You are correct sir. My only other Mauser is a WW 2 relic in 8mm that loads with stripper clips. The gunsmith chuckled but was polite. All for free.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,341
Messages
1,573,354
Members
169,741
Latest member
RainaCisne
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top