3 gun rolling gun case

widetrackjack

Reaction score
Just got my Kalispel Metal Products
3 gun rolling case and it looks to be everything I’ve been looking for in a gun case. Headed to S.A. this fall for my first ever African Safari and decided that two rifles just wouldn’t be enough! Hope this post helps some of you that have been looking for an oversized case. Made in Washington State.

1689046992008.jpeg
38ECCAAE-CF98-4A14-8D26-2E7E3689F4C8.jpeg
5DCDBCEC-7F38-4D8F-9770-B2F971673EA4.jpeg
E1605811-BEB8-4130-9212-98384157BD64.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a very nice sturdy looking case! Be careful when you start loading it, it can get real heavy real quick resulting in extra overweight charges.

Thats a good looking case.

Please post a review after you get back. I am interested to know how those wheels preform and if you have any weight issues with three guns.

Thanks!

Thats a good looking case.

Please post a review after you get back. I am interested to know how those wheels preform and if you have any weight issues with three guns.

Thanks!
I agree with you, the wheels look like they could take a beating because they are not recessed at all. Especially considering the weight of the case, three rifles and what ever else is loaded in there. Baggage handlers can be tough of stuff like that.

EDIT - @rookhawk arranged to have a group buy done by AH members from Americase and the wheels on those will be partially recessed. Then there are bumpers on the other end to make it sit level while laying flat.
1690397930497.png

Here is a link to the thread...
https://www.africahunting.com/threa...n-rolling-safari-cases-order-form-here.75234/

Last edited:
Suggestions:

(1) buy some silicone corner protectors (available at Amazon) to stick onto the corners.

(2) paste a card your name and mobile telephone number on the outside of the case.

Regarding (2), I had a problem this year between check-in and loading at Heathrow with my gun case (I had put my bottles of Camp coffee in the gun case, and gun cases are not supposed to include liquids, apparently) and the airline staff had difficulty in contacting me.

Do you think there is room to insert 3 rifles while in their soft cases?

I used a borrowed Kalispel/Cabelas 2-gun case for my first two trips to Africa. Very nice but bulky. No wheels. I bought a one-gun Pelican Vault for my last trip. Only took my Springfield. It worked out fine. With both QD scopes removed, I can stuff two guns in it this trip. Heavy but more manageable than the Kalispel case. I seem to recall some airlines will only allow two guns. Anyone else run into that?
16915338836971861004684596064473.jpg

Do you think there is room to insert 3 rifles while in their soft cases?
I don’t believe so with factory foam. Well, not with substantial soft cases. I have a very similar case made by KK air international. I do like it because it has recessed handles etc.

29FFCC7C-4A60-4FE0-AB9D-C9B9B0E7C572.jpeg
FA4275B0-AA3A-4B38-9109-A5A5C3D435BA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
You will not be able to place three long guns in this case inside of soft cases. In a gun sock yes, but not in your typical soft cases without removing the factory foam insulation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franklin92

Latest posts