2 Buffalo From One Stand

In this hypothetical scenario, how poor am I??? Like real life poor, or can I pretend I have lots of money?

If money is no object, it seems like it would be fun. I see it as setting up a scenario for a bad problem with a wounded buff. I think you increase the likelihood of wounded the second buff. Two wounded buff would be a nightmare.
We had a version of this happen last year. My son shot his Buffalo, 2 quick shots with his .375 H&H and 300 grain TSX’s. The buffalo went 20 or 30 yards, fell over and gave a long death bellow. The 2 bulls with him didn’t run off, so Alan motioned for me to come forward and shoot one. I got positioned and shot my Buffalo, taking several quick shots. My bull was down in short order and we turned to admire my son’s bull, which had been down maybe 20 yards from where mine fell. It was gone!

We ended up tracking my sons bull a bit over 2 kilometers, which was interesting since it was on its side making death moans before getting up when I started shooting the other bull. There was only a very large pool of lung blood but no buffalo. Once we caught up to his bull, a couple more quick shots by my son and it was down for good. But, they were about 1 1/4 miles apart so we couldn’t take pictures of them together.

It made a great tracking hunt a lot more interesting, that was for sure!

Just to add, I have no indifference with whatever hunters do as long as legal and ethical to you and where you are hunting. I was just curious to others thoughts. Some good points have been raised.(y)

Two very nice bulls as well. That’s a no brainer. What a great finish!

Reactions: JHT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredrickWe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]