1st DSC convention

Just got tickets for my dad and I to attend the opening day of the convention, it'll be our 1st time at dsc we are pretty excited. Looking forward to talking to outfitters for our 1st trip to Africa

1st trips to DSC are overwhelming for many... @wesheltonj offers excellent advice... get the app, and make a plan... there is A LOT to see and A LOT to do.. it would be pretty easy to spend all 4 days on the convention center floor and still not see everyone you want to if you don't plan things out...

If you're going to be in town in time to be on the floor on opening day, consider going to the AH dinner Friday night.. that's a great way to get to know a lot of active members here and also meet some of the outfitters that are sponsors of the site.. (and its always a great time... its one of the highlights of DSC for me each year)... I think you and your dad would have a wonderful time at the dinner..

https://www.africahunting.com/threa...dallas-safari-club-dsc-convention-2023.71715/

Also, feel free to join us at my home on Thursday night... we're hosting a party for @Bos en Dal SAFARIS on the evening of the 5th.. I looks like we're going to have a good turn out with about 30 people so far on the list (most of whom are members here)..

Also don't miss our event:

Just got tickets for my dad and I to attend the opening day of the convention, it'll be our 1st time at dsc we are pretty excited. Looking forward to talking to outfitters for our 1st trip to Africa
Hope to see you at the AH dinner!

Please come on by and see us at booth #3010. We would love to meet you and talk a little African hunting!

@CO_mtnman get the app bro. And prepare yourself for a sensory overload. Maybe because I come over from the UK its more for me but there are many VERY nice firearms to fondle. Try and make it to the AH dinner there is a wealth of knowledge there for a first timer to Africa.

If you do choose an outfitter ask the guys on the forum what they are like. Between us we have hunted with most outfitters

Good Luck First Timers. When you go home, you will be talking about the show for weeks...

Last edited:
Look us up, we look forward to sharing some info before the show starts or there on the floor.
booth 527

I dont do the shows
But happy to chat and offer a deal a great deal

Have sent you a dm too

Looking forward

Please stop by the @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS booth number 927. We would love the opportunity to discuss your 1st safari with you. And please as noted above, consider attendance at our annual dinner on Friday night, I think you and your dad would enjoy it.

That’s great Sir, you guys will have a great time. Planning the trip is half of the fun. If you guys are not overwhelmed by the time you get to the 1200 isle, we’re in booth 1238.
Would he happy to answer any questions you and your father might have.

Been going to the show for 20+ years. Get downtown to the Convention Center by about 10:00 a.m to find a convenient place to park--it's gonna cost you about $20 to park and will be a short walk to the entrance. The Convention Center is enormous so wear comfortable shoes or boots. Use the app or get one of the brochures (available at the entrance) that has all the exhibitors and booth numbers and a map. It will make things easier to walk around. There are numbers hanging from the ceiling to tell you which aisle you are in and those numbers match the booth numbers, so it's helpful in finding the booth you want to visit--or you can just walk up and down every aisle and wear yourself out.
For reference, fine gun dealers are generally grouped together (Rigby, Heym, Verney Carron, etc.) in one hall. I promise you have never in your life seen so many spectacular rifles and shotguns.
There are bars scattered about and food courts at the ends of both of the big halls and you can sit and rest.
For your first time, you should probably plan to spend most of the day. There really is an overwhelming amount of stuff to see. Have fun!

We will also be at the Dallas Safari Club Convention for our 26 th time exhibiting at this grand convention.
Please stop by our booth (Booth number 3244) for a cup of coffee and a chat.
We might have some good South African biltong (jerky) and dry wors (dried meatsticks) also in the booth if the sniffer dogs at the airport don't get it.
No just joking we will never do anything illegal.
We are looking forward to the convention and to see all our old clients (friends) again.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

We will also be at the Dallas Safari Club Convention for our 26 th time exhibiting at this grand convention.
Please stop by our booth (Booth number 3244) for a cup of coffee and a chat.
We might have some good South African biltong (jerky) and dry wors (dried meatsticks) also in the booth if the sniffer dogs at the airport don't get it.
No just joking we will never do anything illegal.
We are looking forward to the convention and to see all our old clients (friends) again.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk
Biltong! My only regret from my trip to South Africa this last June was that I never tried biltong. I kept telling myself that I'd eventually come across it, but I never did. In hindsight, I should have bought some at the Joburg airport and enjoyed it on the flight home.

At least I did enjoy the wonders of South African brandy (repeatedly). It took some diligent searching, but I did find a source of Richelieu brandy in the states. Now if I can just find some eland steaks...

So far I've compiled a list of outfitters I'd like to talk to, my dad and I have our trophy list we just need to get together and compile our list of questions

Just a little update. My dad and I had an absolute blast wish we could of went multiple days but with work schedules and having to guide some last minute deer hunters at the ranch kind of put a end to that possibility. We have narrowed down our list for our 1st safari down after meeting face to face with some great outfits. We saw some great taxidermy, out of this world rifles that belong in a museum lol, dad bought a suppressor, I even got my john sharp book signed! All in all it was an outstanding experience and I can't wait until next year
20230105_142150.jpg
20230105_150350.jpg
20230105_150250.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RVWClevela

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]