1937 Springfield 1903 With Weaver K6-1

stk

AH veteran
Reaction score
Springfield 1903 in a sporter/target stock. Manufactured in 1937…barrel seems to match as it’s marked 4-37. Receiver has been drilled for weaver mounts and is currently wearing a Weaver K6-1. Scope is in very good to great condition. Also includes a Lyman peep and front sight. Stock seems well done for what it is, very comfortable, and the trigger appears to have had some work done. I have not fired the rifle but everything seems to function as it should.

I ended up with this as part of package. I have no use for it. Selling as a package but these little scopes are awesome so if someone wants it without I’ll lower price and keep it. I think I’ve priced it reasonably for the package but let me know if you think I’m off base.

$600 shipped for everything to lower 48.

IMG_8412.jpeg

IMG_8413.jpeg

IMG_8411.jpeg

IMG_8408.jpeg

IMG_8407.jpeg

Nice rifle; and not to detract from it, but that's a good looking shooting rest.

I am a student of Theodore Roosevelt, and I have read that this rifle action was his favorite.

Theodore Roosevelt:

Kermit Roosevelt:

Favorite of many and used by many Americans, including Hemingway, on Safari.
And me. Well, my grandkids think I'm a famous safari hunter. That's good enough for me. Move over Teddy. :D
20230817_093115.jpg

That is an interesting fore end hookup for sling swivel. Don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Must be adjustable, but what's the point of the fixed swivel on front end?

Personally, I think the Springfield is a superior action to Mauser 98. I own both. My Springfield is so smooth it almost seems to close itself. Both actions are theoretically "cock on opening" but they actually finish the last bit of cocking on closing. I think what makes the Springfield smoother (and quicker?) to cycle is its last bit of cocking on closing draws the striker back a shorter distance than Mauser. These are a great action to build on. And in my opinion greatly underrated.

I need room in the gun safe. I will sell this without the scope for $400.

Don't really have one yet, but at that price I can probably figure something out. Might just use it as-is.
Gotta say I'm not particularly enamored with that stock, but I never was into the bench shooting game. Barrel might be done for if it was a serious target shooter of that vintage but as you said, for that price it doesn't really matter. You may have an adventure ahead. It will be fun. Let me know how it works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DieterUlme

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]