1903 Mannlicher Help

Attachments

As long as you use round nose bullets you will not have any feeding issues. This rifle is the best stalking and still hunting rifle ever designed. Commercial ammo is still available from Norma and Privi I believe. The wood on the pictured rifle is outstanding. They are not easily scoped by design as scopes were not in wide usage at the time of their design. If you are willing to deal with the open sight issue you will own a piece of history that has still not been improved upon for its intended purpose. I am the proud owner of a model 1905 In 9x56 MS made in 1921. I have taken deer and wild boar with it.

Can I 'Like' this one again?

From what I can see in the two photos, this appears to be a Haenel-Mannlicher not an MS1903. The Schnabel fore end, barrel lug, octagon barrel, and receiver lug thru-bolt are classic of Haenels. There also appears to be "cheeks" on the stock but they have been sanded down with the refinish. Please see this article in Gun Digest by Terry Weiland: https://gundigest.com/gun-reviews/early-german-bolt-action-sporters-set-standard

In any case, you have yourself a beautiful rifle!

MS Haenel Ad 01.jpeg

MS Mannlicher (Haenel) Repeating Rifles Ad 1908.png

Mauser Haenel (2).jpg

A Haenel Mauser

Attachments

• MS Haenel Ad 01.jpg
    MS Haenel Ad 01.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VeronicaRo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]