1000 + rounds and going well

Beefeater

AH member
Reaction score
I got my mod 70 safari express in about 2019. Currently half way through with my 13 th 1 lb can of Varget. At 76 grains per load behind a 400 gr barnes tsx (and a few swift breakaway solids) gives me over 1000 rounds down the barrel. Busy sighting in off the lead slead at 100 m today and this was the final 2 shot group for the day .
20240615_170535.jpg

What caliber? I'm guessing your rifle is a 416 Rem Mag.

That is a great load and shooting. Do you know what velocity you are getting?

I got my mod 70 safari express in about 2019. Currently half way through with my 13 th 1 lb can of Varget. At 76 grains per load behind a 400 gr barnes tsx (and a few swift breakaway solids) gives me over 1000 rounds down the barrel. Busy sighting in off the lead slead at 100 m today and this was the final 2 shot group for the day .View attachment 613676

Well done! I have the .375HH version with likely about the same number of rounds thru it. It has never cast a shadow at the gunsmith's shop and shoots like yours when I do my job.

That is a great load and shooting. Do you know what velocity you are getti
Thank you - I do make use of a Chronograph and archive between 2380 and 2390 fps. I have recently bumped the load up to 77 grains and now get around 2420 fps. Not a massive difference but still just feels right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuvbfsgf365

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia