Recent content by Sika98k

  1. Sika98k

    Help pick new recoil pad

    The first one looks like a Silvers Pad. Unobtainable nowadays, looks classy too.
  2. Sika98k

    FS Zeiss Davari C 3-9x36 plex

    These scopes are fantastic ! Made before the wall came down. Note the West Germany on the ocular end. So at least 37 years old.
  3. Sika98k

    Cork Gunning Decoys

    They look pretty peppered !:ROFLMAO:
  4. Sika98k

    Leopard cartridge choice; Poll

    Oryx bullets always do a good job. Superb expansion and weight retention.
  5. Sika98k

    Rigby Highland Stalker .308 - Stunning Wood, LNIB

    What length is the barrel ?
  6. Sika98k

    Bourbon in SA / Namibia

    IIRC transiting through Oliver Tambo to Windhoek I attempted to buy some duty free. Not possible as the two countries are in the African Economic Area. Thus no duty free sales travelling within same. Things may have changed but that was the situation some years ago (6-7 ). I solved the problem...
  7. Sika98k

    SCOTLAND: Red Stags On The West Coast

    Yes, midges. Midges in quantities and levels of ferocity you cannot believe until you have experienced them.
  8. Sika98k

    vintage shotguns

    Vintage Guns in the U.K. is run by Diggory Haddoke. There is the Vintage Gun Journal in amongst all of it. There’s some interesting reading. It’s mainly about English shotguns.
  9. Sika98k

    Meopta r2 1-6

    I think you’ll be looking a long time unfortunately. The R2 line by Meopta are great scopes and represent great value, sadly discontinued.They were replaced IIRC by the Optika 6 range which didn’t make the grade. I have a 1,7-10x42 R2 and it’s a great scope. Good luck in your search.
  10. Sika98k

    100 Rounds of Headstamped .275 Rigby

    My cases are old school.
  11. Sika98k

    Giraffe Management Hunt - Namibia

    Could be of interest . Roughly what part of Namibia will this hunt take place ? I ask as having hunted there several times I’d like to see a new area.
  12. Sika98k

    Who also shoots smaller gauges?

    I’ve been hooked on my Bonehill 16 bore for over 20 years now. At 6lbs and with perfect balance it suits me for game shooting. The Prince of Wales grip suits me better than a straight hand stock.
  13. Sika98k

    Qatar Air

    @Hank2211 , @Andrew62 thanks for the speedy response. My buddy will be flying from Toronto so this is looking like a no brainer so far.
  14. Sika98k

    375 H&H Brass

    Try your local range and go dumpster diving in the bin. Some people are sure not to reload.
  15. Sika98k

    Qatar Air

    They have a hub here in Dublin so I am considering them for next year. Did you have to prearrange the transportation of your firearms with Qatar ?
 
Top