Recent content by Pheroze

  1. Pheroze

    Politics

    An example to consider In the 1970s a 30 year old woman suffered a blood clot that killed off her intestines. She became my father’s patient. Her prognosis was death by starvation. In today’s world, she would have met with the designated MaID person and arranged for her death. Fortunately, it...
  2. Pheroze

    Wedding etiquette?

    For Christ’s sake make sure she doesn’t look too good in the photos! Otherwise there could be years of simmering concern. And, make sure your body language leans away from her at all times. Whether to offer to help cover the wardrobe - you can’t go wrong to offer as she is doing you a favour.
  3. Pheroze

    Politics

    A total tragedy. I don’t think warehousing him is really a societal benefit either. Honestly if I had the answer they would call we Yahweh. I have faith that humans have the ingenuity and intelligence to figure out our challenges. Cities are getting bigger, and we have more people on the...
  4. Pheroze

    Politics

    The problem is that it is less about “dignity” and more about efficiency. Dignity would mean that this program would be part of a fully funded palliative care scheme. That would be a dignified way to treat people with chronic degenerative disease. Unfortunately it isn’t, because that is too...
  5. Pheroze

    Safari Hats

    I wore the original Tilley hat for decades until it just plain wore out. It is kinda dorky but unbelievably functional. I bought a replacement. I have been told they have stopped making them. For a lark I wore a pith helmet on my last safari. To my surprise I discovered that it is probably one...
  6. Pheroze

    African calibre and training video

    This is an excellent introduction to African calibres and rifles. It distills a lot of the information I gathered over the years of being on AH.
  7. Pheroze

    What's So Great About The 400 H&H?

    Sounds perfect to me!
  8. Pheroze

    Meta analysis shows hunting is good

    https://share.google/L9y9qs4GY9ImVFAIW
  9. Pheroze

    Politics

    I am still chuckling about “insult Olympics”. It can be applied in so many places today. It’s erroneous only because the fact is that we have gone Pro a long time ago.
  10. Pheroze

    Politics

    The Premier never ceases to amaze me with his chosen endorsements. I don’t think he is as conservative as he pretends https://toronto.citynews.ca/2026/09/16/doug-ford-olivia-chow-toronto-election-october/
  11. Pheroze

    Politics

    This is an article that sat heavy with me this morning. https://www.stripes.com/veterans/2026-09-16/korean-war-unknown-soldier-arlington-cemetery-22876188.html
  12. Pheroze

    Politics

    This is a cool bit of history that I did not know. I hope it can be opened
  13. Pheroze

    Politics

    The restrictions on trade is in the current agreement too, and NAFTA. It was to prevent Chinese goods being passed off as Canadian. Well, that is exactly what has happened. We are guilty as charged. When John Turner warned a doubting electorate that free trade would gut our industrial base and...
  14. Pheroze

    Politics

    Let’s not be naive. What a way to start your post, but I suppose that is the new Canadian way. My thoughts: The USA doesn’t care whether we diversify. And, Business just wants us to be business minded. We aren’t and cash is leaving. Business in the USA is growing faster than anywhere (in real...
  15. Pheroze

    Politics

    Interesting, the summary I read about his speech did not include anything about Canada. Was there any discussion at the conference?
 
Top