Winter Safari Yard Sale: Part 2

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
As is my tendency every 12-18 months, I clean my office and safari room to tidy up. In the process, I find spare stuff I don't need and plop it all into this venue as a virtual safari yard sale. Yesterday, Part 1 sold out of almost everything in about 6 hours. Without further ado, here's the winter 2024 yard sale, Part II.

Shipping info: I'll ship via FedEx ground in the lower-48 states. I'll combine shipping on items as best I can to keep prices manageable. Ammo must ship ORM-D which incurs a surcharge.

Payment: via Paypal F&F, Venmo, Zelle, Chase Bill Pay, or very reluctantly by a personal check. Cashiers checks and money orders are unwelcome. (I'd rather receive a bad check than a good postal money order!)

One Giraffe Cigar Ashtray. Two Giraffe leg lamps. Height is approximately 30" to the tops. You can select any harp size you want to make the lamps as tall as you wish, or pick any type of shade. Lamps still sealed, I have no room for them or the ashtray in my office. I'd like to recover my actuals, $670 each plus shipping.

IMG_0152.JPG

Mancave and gun case supplies. Pair of vintage 8-bore shells, $40 plus ship. Three boxes of Kynoch 450-400 3" NE, for determining regulation load with 68, 70 and 72gr of RL15 powder. Great gun case or bookshelf decor for $40 each plus ship. Leatherman tool never used, made for gun screws and marked "Leupold Optics" for $40 plus ship. Elephant leather cross draw knife sheath, new old stock, $80 plus ship. Set of three snap caps .410, 28, and 20 gauge for $45 plus ship. Vintage English 12 bore mop and brush, new old stock $40. Rifle or shotgun case leather accessory pouch, $15 plus ship. Safari ammo belt slide for small bores 243 to 300WM in buffalo or elephant, $20 plus ship.
IMG_0153.JPG

A lovely Kukri that I use for leopard blind work and other camp chores. It was a hand select out of 50 imported, it was reground by a knife maker, JRE sheaths made a custom leg sheath out of shark skin. It's a dandy. $280 w/ free shipping.
IMG_0154.JPG

Two copies of the deluxe edition, numbered edition of Blood Knot by Pete Fromm in their slip cases. I've seen these offered for as much as $1100 each on "the famous book site". I purchased these via my support for the American Museum of Fly Fishing. The trade editions have sold for several hundred dollars and these are the limited deluxe edition. I'll take $150 each and free shipping. Also an antique fishing creel I bought in the mountains of Vermont. Perfect man cave or office decor for only $60 and free shipping.
IMG_0155.JPG

A Stainless Steel Ruger 77/17 barrel in 17HMR. It was match quality, shooting baby aspirins at 100 yards off cocktail straws. I decided to buy a new barrel for huge money hoping for even more accuracy but it was the same sub-moa, but not better. $100 plus $15 shipping. Also, a Dakota Model 10 gun barrel, unused. In 260 Remington. I believe it was made by Douglas for Dakota. I had the gun rebarreled in another caliber and never fired this barrel. $185 and $15 shipping.
IMG_0156.JPG

Costa Polarized sunglasses. New old stock, I bought out a dealer and gave a pile of them to trackers and PHs. MSRP on them was $110-$250. These two are small/medium head size. $50 each plus shipping.
IMG_0157.JPG

Southwest / Native American pillow made of deerskin, hand painted with the raptors of North America's feathers. (red tailed hawk, golden eagle, prairie falcon, merlin falcon, and snowy owl) The decor of our home doesn't coordinate, so I'll sell it for a bargain of $80 and free shipping.
IMG_0158.JPG

New old stock, outdoor edge butchering set with Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. $30 plus ship.
IMG_0159.JPG

Four pairs of Courteney Boots, all retailed and labeled "Westley Richards". Lightly worn by children on a hunt each at most. MSRP is around $400. Some of them have spare insoles, cleaning kits, and other swag included.

From top to bottom.

Selous Pair 1, the rare and no longer made size UK 4.5, US Size 5.5, US Women's Size 6.5. $150 and free shipping.

Selous Pair 2, Size UK 5, US Size 6, US Women's Size 7. $150 and free shipping.

Selous Pair 3, Size UK 5.5, US Size 6.5, US Women's Size 7.5. $150 and free shipping.

Vellie Pair 4, Size UK 6, US Size 7, US Women's Size 8. $65 and free shipping.
IMG_0160.JPG

Two Gun Cases. Green case 1 for a birmingham made 12 bore or similar, this one with an Indian retailer's label inside. Broken straps, but all hardware included for an easy repair. $245 and free shipping. The second, longer case is a Mid-century American all leather hard case. Suitable For target or hunting shotguns with long barrels. Handle needs repair. Otherwise a dandy. (I may have a spare leather handle if someone was inclined to do a repair themselves)
$265 and free shipping.

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

Two more gun cases. A Spanish/Itailan/French circa 1960 shotgun hard case. Tan ostrich embossed leather exterior. I do not know if it’s real ostrich or not, pricing it assuming it is not. Spacious and would fit a lot of gun types.
$200 and free shipping. Also, a leg of mutton case for a 12 to 16 bore, or rifle, accommodating about 28” barrels.
$115 and free shipping.

IMG_0163.JPG
IMG_0164.JPG

A zulu war shield with war club and spear. My son purchased it from an African taxidermist with hopes of hanging it in his room or mounting a shoulder mount on it. Ceilings are too low in his basement lair. We were told its nguni hide. $525 and free shipping.
IMG_0148 3.JPG

I have a very nice hand forged bushcraft knife (Scandi single bevel) with stag handles, plus a holster that includes sharpening stone, diamond, and firestarter. Made in Sheffield, England. $280 and free shipping. (I think I paid around $400 when I imported it?)
1705857615161.png

Fifteen antique 22lr ammo boxes. I think one is empty, all the rest appear to be full or nearly full. Great for a mancave or avid collector. $145 and free shipping.
IMG_0146.JPG

One African made game skin ammo "wallet" that holds a box of 20 rounds of 375HH or similar. $80 and free shipping, shown ammo not included.
IMG_0138 2.JPG

Rare antique 12 bore shotgun shell box, partial 2/3 full with original wax paper shells. Great man cave display item that I've seen sell for $75-$125 at gun shows. $30 plus shipping.
IMG_0137 2.JPG

Not photographed, other ammo:

12 boxes of Remington 7x64 Brenneke ammo 175gr SP. $250 and free shipping.
2 full boxes of RWS Geco 7x65r ammo, and one partial box of Hirtenberger 7x65r ammo. $180 and free shipping.
1 box of Norma 9.3x57 ammo. $65 and free shipping.
1 Box of Remington 375 Ultra Mag ammo. $55 and free shipping.

Sold Pending Funds as follows:

@Beretta391 The elephant sheath and cartridge slider

@Firebird the Hi-Power Shot Shell box and their contents

@MontanaGrant a box of Kynoch 450-400 and 12 boxes of 7x64 Brenneke ammo

@Don Hinton I apologize that Firebird beat you to the punch on the Hi-Power shot shells.

@Ku-winda also purchased the A. Wright Scandi Bushcraft knife (with his other stuff from yesterday)

Last edited:
Interested in a pair of Courtney Boots for my wife. Either 7 or 7.5 US. Also, interested in the Costas. PM inbound.

Rookhawk i will take the Leupold leatherman tool please. Please PM me your zell and give me total with shipping and i will send today

The Zulu shield looks about 36" tall. If that is close I'll take it. also the pair of 8 bore shells. WIll P.M. you for paypal information. Thanks

The Zulu shield looks about 36" tall. If that is close I'll take it. also the pair of 8 bore shells. WIll P.M. you for paypal information. Thanks

@K-man the shield is 40.5" tall and the spear and club points stick out a bit past that.

I would like the Outdoor Edge Butcher Set.

Is the game skin ammo wallet intended to be worn on a belt?

Sold Pending Funds as follows:

@Beretta391 The elephant sheath and cartridge slider

@Firebird the Hi-Power Shot Shell box and their contents

@MontanaGrant a box of Kynoch 450-400 and 12 boxes of 7x64 Brenneke ammo

@Ku-winda also purchased the A. Wright Scandi Bushcraft knife (with his other stuff from yesterday)

@Triathlete3 One Pair of Size 5.5 UK / 7.5 US Women's Courteney Selous Boots and both pairs of Costa Sunglasses.

@K-man Africa War Shield and two vintage 8-bore shells.

@MontanaGrant One box of Kynoch 450-400 and a dozen boxes of 7x64 brenneke.

@Rare Breed A leatherman Leupold gun multi-tool

@migrabill an unused Outdoor Edge RMEF butchering set

Is the game skin ammo wallet intended to be worn on a belt?

No, the 375HH ammo wallet is a leather box with a slide inside, a cool replacement for a cardboard box to hold a 20 round box of ammo. (looks impressive in your rifle case or mancave)

No, the 375HH ammo wallet is a leather box with a slide inside, a cool replacement for a cardboard box to hold a 20 round box of ammo. (looks impressive in your rifle case or mancave)

Pm to follow.

What’s Left

2 boxes of Kynoch 450-400 NE ammo, perfect for a desk or gun room book case!

1 rifle/shogun leather accessory pouch for a gun case

1 pair of new old stock British 12 bore jags/mops

1 set of three snap caps .410-28-20 bore

1 custom Kukri bush knife with sheath

2 copies of the deluxe limited edition “blood knot” book

1 vintage fly fishing creel

1 Ruger 17HMR barrel that fits a 77/17 or 77/22 mag action

1 Dakota Model 10 260 Remington Barrel

1 Leather pillow with hand painted raptor feathers

2 pair of courteney selous boots and 1 pair of courteney shoes

4 gun cases

1 bulk lot of collectible 22 rimfire vintage ammo / boxes

2 full boxes of RWS Geco 7x65r ammo, and one partial box of Hirtenberger 7x65r ammo.

1 box of Norma 9.3x57 ammo.

1 Box of Remington 375 Ultra Mag ammo.

UPDATE: Everyone that reached me over the weekend has a FedEx tracking label in their PM and the truck picks up tomorrow between 11am and 2pm. If anyone wants to buy something in the next 12 hours, I think I can get it out so it makes the truck.

What’s Left

2 boxes of Kynoch 450-400 NE ammo, perfect for a desk or gun room book case! Sold Pending Funds to @flying sailor

1 rifle/shogun leather accessory pouch for a gun case

1 pair of new old stock British 12 bore jags/mops

1 set of three snap caps .410-28-20 bore

1 custom Kukri bush knife with sheath

2 copies of the deluxe limited edition “blood knot” fly fishing book

1 vintage fly fishing creel

1 Ruger 17HMR barrel that fits a 77/17 or 77/22 mag action

1 Dakota Model 10 260 Remington Barrel

1 Leather pillow with hand painted raptor feathers

2 pair of courteney selous boots and 1 pair of courteney shoes

4 gun cases

1 bulk lot of collectible 22 rimfire vintage ammo / boxes

2 full boxes of RWS Geco 7x65r ammo, and one partial box of Hirtenberger 7x65r ammo.

1 box of Norma 9.3x57 ammo.

1 Box of Remington 375 Ultra Mag ammo. Sold to @Wyfox

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
decksforlife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)