Will a Tikka action be a good start to build a 416 Ruger?

My thoughts as well.
Tikka hasn’t made it to this forum. I would say on my gun/shooting forums and friends tikka has a great reputation and is the most common action for builds.

I would consider a zermat if you can up the price a bit.

Tikka hasn’t made it to this forum. I would say on my gun/shooting forums and friends tikka has a great reputation and is the most common action for builds.

I would consider a zermat if you can up the price a bit.
There definitely nice rifles for the money. I'd like to find one in 9.3x62 to play with. My Tikka 30/06 shoots very well, and is smooth as silk. Not sure I'd invest the money into making one into a 416 Ruger, but it would be a fun gun nonetheless.

There definitely nice rifles for the money. I'd like to find one in 9.3x62 to play with. My Tikka 30/06 shoots very well, and is smooth as silk. Not sure I'd invest the money into making one into a 416 Ruger, but it would be a fun gun nonetheless.
I feel the same Toby. I would want a more robust action for 375 and up, but Tikka would do just fine. Some like Begarra but tikka seems to dominate the new build category.

Ones I have had made on zermat or the like seem to cycle smoother, which seems to help these larger calibers which require more force to cycle anyways.

Love your gun knowledge on this board.

I feel the same Toby. I would want a more robust action for 375 and up, but Tikka would do just fine. Some like Begarra but tikka seems to dominate the new build category.

Ones I have had made on zermat or the like seem to cycle smoother, which seems to help these larger calibers which require more force to cycle anyways.

What is a Zermat ? I have a Tikka t3 6.5x55 great rifle . i have an acquaintance a 30 year body builder & gym type that shoots a Tikka t3x 9.3x62 that kicks so hard he is scared of it, i would think a 416 of any kind would be worse. in my humble opinion why go through the pain with a Tikka plastic mag & bottom metal just buy a Ruger factory rifle, or look for a Howa 1500 in 375 Ruger & re barrel it, all metal & you know it will feed .

Last edited:
What is a Zermat ? I have a Tikka t3 6.5x55 great rifle . i have an acquaintance a 30 year body builder & gym type that shoots a Tikka t3x 9.3x62 that kicks so hard he is scared of it, i would think a 416 of any kind would be worse. in my humble opinion why go through the pain with a Tikka plastic mag & bottom metal just buy a Ruger factory rifle, or look for a Howa 1500 in 375 Ruger & re barrel it, all metal & you know it will feed .

I took a look at the Zermat actions. They look really nice. I assume they will work with Remington 700 triggers, stocks, ect.

I took a look at the Zermat actions. They look really nice. I assume they will work with Remington 700 triggers, stocks, ect.

They will, they are nice actions.

I'm running one of their on the opposite end. A 22lr, it is accurate and CRF.

Thanks , they look good kinda a rem savage tikka mix. i had never heard of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtumolo18

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!