White water rafting

ActionBob

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Texas Hill Country, Central Minnesota, SW Kansas.
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Australia, Tanzania, Iceland
I had the Sportsman Channel playing in the background and a show called Universal Huntress came on and after hunting these young ladies went whitewater rafting. It was in the Free State and I think they said on the Ash River.

I would imagine you don't want to do that on just any river in Africa!

My wife is a nut about river rafting. We've only done it 5 or 6 times but once was down the Grand Canyon. That was a BLAST!

How many areas are there to do this? Any outfitters on here who offer this as a side trip or who know where to send clients after the hunt? As we tend to go in the warmer seasons, It would be a great break for a short run mid day between hunts or even the rest of the day after a morning hunt.

http://www.outrageousadventures.co.za/ash.html

wp3ab82f73_05_06.jpg
wpd94f9da4_05_06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Paddle faster I hear banjos

Squeal like a warthog Bwana!

Email Hannes Swanepoel at: big5game@worldonline.co.za
He has mentioned whitewater rafting (also zip lining, sky diving, shark cage filming, marlin fishing, and bungee jumping as well) to me a couple times over the years but I only like hunting hooved game and birds plus fly fishing when over there.

Have a plan. Execute the plan. Enjoy Life

Have a plan. Execute the plan. Enjoy Life

Ya know, that is one of the cool things about this site. Folks here do this for the most part I reckon. If we didn't, we wouldn't be here!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zodiacvista

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone