Whereabouts of Anton Allen

Ndovu Akili

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm trying to track down the last whereabouts or contact of Anton Allen, the last surviving Son of Bunny Allen. Also, if anyone knew where to get Allen's documentary, "A Gypsie in Africa" I would love to know. I'm writing a book about remarkable people from East Africa and I would like to interview him.

Good luck with your search.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2444930/ Is this the documentary?

1708225720599.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 8.54.49 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 8.54.49 AM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
Fate has smiled upon me. I located a list of possible phone numbers for Anton Allen. The very first number I dialed, an elderly gentleman with an English accent answered on the other end. I asked, "I'm looking for Anton Allen a gentleman who hunted in Kenya, are you him?" And he answered, "yes, I am." After which, we had a lovely 15 minute conversation. He pointed out that it was really his Father, Bunny, who was renowned; which I knew, but I want to hear Anton's stories. We actually live about 50 miles apart so I asked if he would be willing to meet in person and he was good with the idea. I told him I leave for a (photographic) safari to Murchison Falls NP in Uganda in early March. So, we agreed to talk after my return. I'm so excited and honored!

I returned from Uganda about a month ago. I contacted Anton Allen and he agreed to meet at his ranch in Texas. I spent a pleasant afternoon there. He invited me to lunch and we talked of the Golden years of Kenya. For 92, he is still quite charming, lucid, and agile; I was impressed. He was curious of my stories as well as sharing his own. He eventually suggested I contact another remarkable character from that time, Bryan Coleman. Ive contacted him and I plan to drive to his place in Arkansas and spend a weekend listening to his stories.

Great news and good work from your side to get these hunters life on paper to keep for future hunters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carlo74371

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.