What's the next cartridge your looking to add to your collection and what role will it fill?

IMG_7956.JPG

IMG_7955.JPG

The 500NE

Attachments

• Image1694699532.177315.jpg
    Image1694699532.177315.jpg
    663.9 KB · Views: 45
My 7PRC is in the process of being spun up. It is filling the 308 to 375h&h gap. It should fill that role nicely.

I really think I may have to pick one up also. A friend of mine had one build and is getting well over 3000fps with 180s.

For me, something small, maybe for varmints. Haven't made up my mind what it will be. Also have an itch for something nice in .22WMR

Guns are outperforming my portfolio at the moment. That never happens, and of course no way to scale it up. But one can get in and out for not much of anything, over a one year time horizon.

I would like to ad a 338-06. It fills between my 308s, and my 9.3s. I don't think it really makes any sense, since the only thing on my property that would warrant it are moose, and the 308, or 9.3 can easily handle that. It could end up a 338x62.

Just added a .500NE to the battery, so between a .270 ruger nr1, a 7x64 bolt action, a 7x65r double, a 300wm bolt action, a 375H&H double, a 416 Rigby bolt action and the 500NE double not many gaps are remaining.

A nice .22 Center fire of sorts or a 5.6x54MS and a .338 might still be in the works. Also have a thing for a nice 9.3x62 bolt action.
Congrats on the 500! I'm still contemplating whether or not I need....want anything larger than my .458.

Either:
A .505 Gibbs built on a Granite Mountain Arms African Magnum Mauser action by Joe Smithson
Or:
A .600 Nitro Express Heym Jumbo sidelock ejector

Why? Because variety is the spice of life and I’m getting bored of blowing things away with only .375 Holland & Holland Magnums.

Just when I thought my life mission and gun collection is complete... I got new idea.
Does that sound familiar?

So, I am considering to replace my old 308 win, with new 308 win rifle for competition target shooting at 300 and 600 meters. I am considering sabatti TLD white. (google, to see it)

But it is only consideration, correct?
Somehow the other guns in my locker materialized with similar starting consideration, I just dont know how it happened... ehmmm

A 30 magnum of some sort…

It won’t fill a gap… I’m covered for everything that walks the earth at this point and everything that flies in the sky… 60+ firearms ranging from .22 long (not LR) to 416 Taylor get all the bases covered..

I just really want another 30 magnum right now :)
There are three gun shows nearby next weekend. Let's go find you that 30 cal Magnum next Sunday. ;-)

9.3x74R/7×57R Bergstutzen bushveld walk and stalk
6.5x57R/12ga night critters and some tiny ten
7x65R Kipplauf mountain rifle and longer range

Blaser......

With a 22LR, a 6.5x55, a 30-06, a 9..3x62 and a 404J, there are no real gaps to fill caliber-wise. Sure, one could argue that something like a .222, 223, 243 or perhaps a .22-250 could fit in between 22 and the 6.5... but... the 6.5 can do most of those things as well. And the 9.3 is seldom out of the safe. And the same goes for the 22 actually.

Perhaps I should get rid of the 22 and the 9.3 and get .. something that is different in terms of configuration rather than caliber. Say something like a double in 8x57 for driven hunts. Or a lightweight single-barrel break-action for deer stalking in some 6-7 millimeter size. Or... :E Shrug:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BriannaBla

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)