What Watch do you wear when you hunt?

I have a cheap Chinese junk one that works like a champ. The watches that aren’t in rotation are on the winder. The watches that are in rotation are wound daily. I set those watches every few days to the second. It my watch ritual.

Out of curiosity, do you prefer the polar or black dial on the Explorer II? I'm very torn between the two. A purchase is not imminent, but it's fun to think about.
I find I wear the polar more often (living in the Midwestern US) but I think the Black dial is more suited for trips to Africa. It seems the polar is more generally desirable, and therefore retains better value as well.

Solid advice for those on the market.

IMG_3529.jpeg

IMG_3530.jpeg

I know another AH member who picked one of these up as well. Beautiful watch and one I have been considering as my next acquisition.

Very dressy while being thinner and lighter than my current PO. Yet sporty with 300 meters of water resistance and a beautiful stainless bracelet. From the board room to board shorts, this is a great "one watch" option with timeless good looks.

It’s not a problem, something…something…something, if you, something…something…something.

IMG_3533.jpeg

From the board room to board shorts, this is a great "one watch" option with timeless good looks.

It is. It takes straps well, but it is 21mm so you’re somewhat limited. I like divers on brackets though.

Man those Bond watches look good

I am not really a HE valve SM guy. But this watch is about as perfect a, do all, luxury sports watch, I've owned. If I had to sell all my watches and keep one, sentimental value not withstanding, this would be the one. It's incredibly light, easy to read, durable, good lume, can dress up with bracelet (need big wrist to wear it though). It looks great for the field on an Erika's Original.

This is how I wear it weekly. (I usually wear a different watch each day)

4E016A68-C765-44F6-AB40-C3F71D4D0D34.JPG

05E63CE2-1C8C-40C8-808B-F9CCEA6D4FC5.JPG

I am not really a HE valve SM guy. But this watch is about as perfect a, do all, luxury sports watch, I've owned. If I had to sell all my watches and keep one, sentimental value not withstanding, this would be the one. It's incredibly light, easy to read, durable, good lume, can dress up with bracelet (need big wrist to wear it though). It looks great for the field on an Erika's Original.

This is how I wear it weekly. (I usually wear a different watch each day)

View attachment 607629
View attachment 607630
Simply awesome

Working with another AH member on an accuracy test for the individual watches we own. The plan was to check them over the course of a week of normal wear. Meaning that the test watch is worn every single day the way you would do so normally.

First up for me was my 2013 Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 42mm. I set the time with a global clock (internet) this past Sunday around 10am and I'm ending the test early by stopping it today (Friday) at just after 11am. The results are +5 seconds over the 5 days. Well within the level of certification of a Master Chronometer, which is a certification it doesn't even hold.

The results were a little surprising to me considering the environment and conditions I subject it to. In any event, I'm very happy with them. Here's a picture of the watch in question...
1716566272834.png

So I mentioned that I ended the test on the PO a little early, but with good reason. I have my parents coming into town for the weekend and wanted to have my father's old Speedy on my wrist. I'd be surprised if he noticed, but I'm wearing it for me not him. Plus it gives me a chance to check the accuracy of a 50 year old timepiece and see if it still stacks up.

A little history on this watch. A gift to my father from his parents on his graduation from A&P (airline mechanic) school, it was on his wrist everyday for the next 18 years while he made repairs on commercial airplanes. In the early 1990's it suffered a broken crystal and some internal damage that required a trip back to Switzerland for repair. Then it sat in a drawer until 2016 when it was gifted to me.

This is the watch I saw on his wrist everyday, and I knew instantly how awesome it was. Call it the watch that lit off my love at an early age. After he gave it to me, I changed out the original bracelet for an Omega leather strap and deployment clasp. Other than that, all I've ever done is wind and wear it but not very often. Maybe a few times a year if that. It's a special occasion watch for me.

I'll report back on the accuracy over the course of the long weekend...
1716567411014.png

Working with another AH member on an accuracy test for the individual watches we own. The plan was to check them over the course of a week of normal wear. Meaning that the test watch is worn every single day the way you would do so normally.

First up for me was my 2013 Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 42mm. I set the time with a global clock (internet) this past Sunday around 10am and I'm ending the test early by stopping it today (Friday) at just after 11am. The results are +5 seconds over the 5 days. Well within the level of certification of a Master Chronometer, which is a certification it doesn't even hold.

The results were a little surprising to me considering the environment and conditions I subject it to. In any event, I'm very happy with them. Here's a picture of the watch in question...
View attachment 608058

So I mentioned that I ended the test on the PO a little early, but with good reason. I have my parents coming into town for the weekend and wanted to have my father's old Speedy on my wrist. I'd be surprised if he noticed, but I'm wearing it for me not him. Plus it gives me a chance to check the accuracy of a 50 year old timepiece and see if it still stacks up.

A little history on this watch. A gift to my father from his parents on his graduation from A&P (airline mechanic) school, it was on his wrist everyday for the next 18 years while he made repairs on commercial airplanes. In the early 1990's it suffered a broken crystal and some internal damage that required a trip back to Switzerland for repair. Then it sat in a drawer until 2016 when it was gifted to me.

This is the watch I saw on his wrist everyday, and I knew instantly how awesome it was. Call it the watch that lit off my love at an early age. After he gave it to me, I changed out the original bracelet for an Omega leather strap and deployment clasp. Other than that, all I've ever done is wind and wear it but not very often. Maybe a few times a year if that. It's a special occasion watch for me.

View attachment 608065
Very cool. Thoughtful idea for your dad. I bet he notices

View attachment 608058

View attachment 608065

That METAS level accuracy...it's a keeper

Very cool. Thoughtful idea for your dad. I bet he notices
We will see.

Shortly after the Speedy was broken, he and my mother bought his & hers Tag Heuer Formula 1 quartz watches. That was in the early 1990's. They have the batteries replaced every year at a dive shop in Aruba and have had zero issues in over 20 years of constant wear, including SCUBA diving.

A couple of years after the Speedy broke, my mother had it repaired and gave it to him as a birthday present. He promptly put it in the top drawer of his dresser and there it sat until I asked about it. He handed it to me like he was donating a sweater at Good Will.

In his eyes, he has a watch that works. What he wears on his wrist matters very little to him other than it keeps good time and doesn't get in the way too much. Kinda funny, but the Speedy was always just a watch. A tool to be used. There's a valuable lesson in thinking like that.

I will say this. He's very likely to notice, however he's also just as likely to say nothing about it. He's a man of high intelligence, few words and decisive action. Sigma male before there was such a thing.

If I had to guess. He'll see it on my wrist and look up at me and smile. That would be just his speed...or Speedy if you prefer. A quiet moment between father and son where no words are needed to show love and appreciation for each other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RogelioCat

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,

cwpayton wrote on CM McKenzie's profile.
Sir ,is that picture of you packing the shoshone river trail thru buffalo pass? Im trying to get a plan togather for a ride. do you pack professionally or for pleasure. thanks
Cal {cwpayton}
ghay wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Is this rifle sold? If not what is the weight of it and do you know if there is enough difference in diameter between the 35W and the 9.3 to allow for a rebore to a 9.3x62 which is what I am after?
Thanks,
Gary (Just down the road in Springfield)