What Watch do you wear when you hunt?

I really don't understand men's watch fetishes :):)
But I guess some like to wear all manner of jewelry. I've noticed it's most common among the early 20 somethings and those in some stage of mid-life crisis. The only watch I wish I had was my dad's. It was a small chronograph type he wore as a pilot in WW2. It either wore out or he lost it sometime in the 60s- I don't know? When physically working, I really don't like to wear a watch at all. Especially a big, impressive, thick, heavy, "manly" watch with all the knobs and dials. Watches, especially big, thick ones, constantly catch on things and sometimes get damaged. For me, no interest in wearing or even owning something like a Rolex- no point in it other that to show off to impress others- not unlike wearing gold bracelets and necklaces :) Might as well wear penny loafers without socks and light blue slacks or have gauge ear rings and bad ass body art.

For travel... just a quiet, easy to read, easy to set, simple, reliable, thin, accurate, 50 m H20, analog Casio with woven synthetic band and velcro closure for me. Inexpensive and easy to replace if lost or stolen.

View attachment 576311
Talking crap.....:E Doh:

I believe I did not explain myself sufficiently clear and this caused some misunderstanding:

You like spending nice money on rifles, but not on watches? Good for you.

Someone else has yearly lodge tickets to his favourite sports team, but could not be seen dining in a fancy restaurant? Good for him.

Someone likes his wine or liquor and collects a multi thousand dollar cellar, but would never wear a decent shirt. Good for him.

Still someone just likes to spend all his money on yachts, cars, guns, whatever , watches. Good for them.

But there is nothing elevated about belittling what someone else’s preferences are. We all have something where we are willing to spend a bit more liberally our hard earned money.

I check all those boxes and don’t judge others who chose not to. Life is short…Enjoy it as you wish.

HH

I've had a Garmin Fenix 5X for about 3 years now and the battery still lasts 14 days when not in GPS mode. I generally don't put it in GPS mode during longer trips due to the battery issue but I like the compass and the other features it can provide when I'm in the backcountry such as elevation, sunset/rise, etc. My daily wear when overseas is either a Seiko Auto or a Seamaster. Can't be having a battery die on me in foreign lands.

You know, there are so many threads about tipping vs not tipping, brake vs no brake, Hornady vs Nosler, Blaser vs everything else LOL.

Here is one I have not seen. Watches.... I am a huge watch lover. I was curious what do all of the AH.com crowd wear when on a hunt? I wore a Suunto Traverse Alpha on my last few hunts. I am so anti digital watches, I am a bit of a snob when it comes to watches. But I thought it would be great as it has a built in breadcrumb view via GPS. This allowed me to leave the GPS at home for my backpack hunts etc. But I quickly learned this watch "specifically designed" for hunting, was crap. When in normal watch mode the battery lasts forever. But in GPS mode which I assume everyone is using if they bought the "hunting" version. The battery hardly lasts 5-6 hours. So I am debating dumping this and going back to a good ole fashioned automatic watch. One where battery won't matter. And bring back my GPS which last for weeks in GPS mode.
Citizen.
However, If interested, this was an interesting catch from Macy's. Dress but, a synthetic type rubber, sport watch. ?
hugo boss watch.jpg

No need for a yachting timer .. I don't have a yacht.

Does anyone have experience with the Praesidus watches?

Safe travels

Attachments

• Praesidus Watches - A11 Watches.pdf
    8.5 MB · Views: 22
Never heard of them...but I like that a5 udt one ....are they sold in many shops in usa?....typical I see its one of the more expensive versions :X3::E Big Grin:
I have never seen them anywhere. They advertise on a lot of military and veteran forums. I am thinking of getting one to wear when I am in Colombia.

Safe travels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IgnacioPen

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone