What Line Of Work Are You In

Take my hat off to you. I kinda get the idea that these days as a teacher you have choice of murder or suicide on a daily basis.
Thanks but I really love what I get to do everyday. Don't get me wrong there are many challenges and changes in education that make some days tougher than others. I'll say this, working with the kids is much easier than the adults.

I do excavation takeoffs and GPS machine control models….. so I figure how much earth has to be moved for a project and then build the file modern earth moving equipment use to leave the ground accurate to grade.

Also do custom pond and lake design and consulting.

IMG_2993.jpeg

I'm an electrical engineer. I work for a medical company that among several things manufacturers implantable medical devices including pacemakers and implantable cardio-defibrillators (ICD's). I develop test programs that test integrated circuits (a.k.a. computer chips) that are used in our end products.
I have a pacemaker do not know is in there seems to work ok so i am told .

Aircraft engine mechanic by trade '' piston engines'' not jet, 6 years in Australian army . the army said i am colour blind & could not work on their aircraft so i ended up as a grunt for some time ,& then was posted as army vehicle mechanic mostly M113 Apcs ect. 2 tours Vietnam, a member of the army rifle team for 4 years, got Married & had 3 kids worked for Cummins Engine coy for 30 years in a technical area , traveled all over Aust the US & Canada in that role , retired 2004 , been hunting & fishing ever since Use to shoot competitive Pistol rifle & shotgun ,i am lucky that my 2 sons are rifle nuts & hunters mostly hunt with them now , they take me.

Last edited:
In chronological order: Six years USMC - Sgt. Four years production planner aerospace firm. 25 years law enforcement, large sheriff’s department in CA, retired Lt. Enjoy hunting with rifle, bow and muzzleloader. Living the dream, no complaints.

Aircraft engine mechanic by trade '' piston engines'' not jet, 6 years in Australian army . the army said i am colour blind & could not work on their aircraft so i ended up as a grunt for some time ,& then was posted as army vehicle mechanic mostly M113 Apcs ect. 2 tours Vietnam, a member of the army rifle team for 4 years, got Married & had 3 kids worked for Cummins Engine coy for 30 years in a technical area , traveled all over Aust the US & Canada in that role , retired 2004 , been hunting & fishing ever since Use to shoot competitive Pistol rifle & shotgun ,i am lucky that my 2 sons are rifle nuts & hunters mostly hunt with them now , they take me.
rdog, where are you on the Sunshine Coast? I plan to be living in Caloundra in the next few months....

I am a retired Registered Nurse. Worked 42 years in the operating room! What a place to work!

I now have time to devote to a passion I have to serve my Lord, Jesus Christ. I am a pilot and feel led to begin a pilot service for humanitarian and relief flights throughout the USA. The US is one of the largest and most neglected mission fields in the world. My flight service would allow us to get to many more areas of need.
One big road block-- we need an aircraft. If you have an aircraft that needs work to be airworthy or know where there may be an abandoned aircraft that needs help, please contact me. We would love a donated aircraft and also we are going to need mechanics, pilots and administrative staff to help get us where we need to get to safely.
Feel God's blessing on you that can help us with our mission.
Bruce

You have to test ride all of your boards to be sure they are wave worthy?!
Looks like a bunch of fun! I would do myself in if I tried to ride one of those.
So, I will just watch you enjoy the waves!

You have to test ride all of your boards to be sure they are wave worthy?!
Looks like a bunch of fun! I would do myself in if I tried to ride one of those.
So, I will just watch you enjoy the waves!
Ya sometimes. Sometimes it's just a job like anything else

Ya sometimes. Sometimes it's just a job like anything else
Grew up logging. 6 years Navy Seabees. General Contractor til a few years ago. 24 years US Army Reserve. Also ski instructor, scuba diver, 3 gun competition, woodworker, steel fabricator. Retired now and still doing what I always have, just on my terms.

Grew up logging. 6 years Navy Seabees. General Contractor til a few years ago. 24 years US Army Reserve. Also ski instructor, scuba diver, 3 gun competition, woodworker, steel fabricator. Retired now and still doing what I always have, just on my terms.
What kind of wood work did you do

Early part of my career was on the railroad. Labourer for a while then train dispatcher.

Started as an entrepreneur in my early twenties and did everything from restaurants to semiconductors. Newsflash: there is a lot more money in semiconductors than restaurants;-)

Sort of retired since my mid 30s, twenty years ago. Still work, just don't get paid.

I do excavation takeoffs and GPS machine control models….. so I figure how much earth has to be moved for a project and then build the file modern earth moving equipment use to leave the ground accurate to grade.

Also do custom pond and lake design and consulting.

View attachment 586972

Very cool stuff. I learned about how this works a bunch of years ago kind of at random - neat!

I’m beginning to wonder how many of us really have a job as we’re on AH day and night.
hahaha
I am sure some are retired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IngridBiag

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!