Well boys, what's your temperature like now?

It minus 34 celius here now will minus 40 tonight first cold weather this year, not much snow. The Farmers are going to be hurting this year. And the wildfires will be bad if we don’t get any moisture.
That's brutal temps. Hope you get some snow.

That's brutal temps. Hope you get some snow.
Minus 40 is minus 40 no matter what system you use. I call it to cold for man or beast! That’s why I leave my beloved Canada in mid-November and don’t return until May.

Minus 40 is minus 40 no matter what system you use. I call it to cold for man or beast! That’s why I leave my beloved Canada in mid-November and don’t return until May.
You know, here in Colorado over the years, I've iced fished and grilled (game feast) twice in -25F, hunted pheasants twice in the same temps and it's NO fun! Same with elk hunting in 0-10F. You're concentrating on staying warm rather than the activity at hand. BTW, I'm grilling some ribs tonight! LOL

30C at 8am . 80% humidity . Revolting uncomfortable weather . Going to give all my rifles a good oiling and reset humidity control in gun room .
I'd like to be in the Bahamas right now with those temps. LOL

Some words about whether
20240105_132340.jpg

It’s 77 degrees Fahrenheit presently in Port Mansfield, Texas. Headed to Dallas tomorrow where the high temperature is expected to be 60 degrees. Then home to Missouri on Sunday where we’ll be greeted by a high of 11 degrees. Something is wrong with this plan.

You know, here in Colorado over the years, I've iced fished and grilled (game feast) twice in -25F, hunted pheasants twice in the same temps and it's NO fun! Same with elk hunting in 0-10F. You're concentrating on staying warm rather than the activity at hand. BTW, I'm grilling some ribs tonight! LOL
I leave right after deer season to head down to AZ. Worked my whole career outdoors, the worst was drilling off the ice in northern Ontario, living in a tent all winter with temperatures below minus 50! Spent the rest of my career as a power lineman, out in all weather. I also like fishing walleye from a boat way better than freezing on the ice, fish tastes the same.

My next door neighbor is from Leoti, Kansas about three hours east of here. We got a little snow from the last storm but they got 18" and showed me some photos. He told me they haven't had snow like that since he was living there 16 years ago. I'm glad it was them and not us this time. LOL
Goodland got about 12" out that storm, pushed with 20+mph winds. So, the late season WT doe hunt has been pretty much a bust. Headed for a high of 2* on Saturday and 0* on Sunday. Might just head home instead as hunting in those temps with an expected breeze of 8-20mph is brutal.

I leave right after deer season to head down to AZ. Worked my whole career outdoors, the worst was drilling off the ice in northern Ontario, living in a tent all winter with temperatures below minus 50! Spent the rest of my career as a power lineman, out in all weather. I also like fishing walleye from a boat way better than freezing on the ice, fish tastes the same.
Well, in 1-2 years when the wife and I are retired, we’re taking our fifth wheel South SOMEWHERE after elk season in October. Maybe November if I hunt pheasants. Unlike your brutal working conditions, I still have to drive around and get out often with my work in the middle of the night. I’m tired of it after 24 years of the snow and cold here in the Winter months.

My next door neighbor is from Leoti, Kansas about three hours east of here. We got a little snow from the last storm but they got 18" and showed me some photos. He told me they haven't had snow like that since he was living there 16 years ago. I'm glad it was them and not us this time. LOL

I had a buddy on our dorm floor at Fort Hays that was from Leoti...

Send it our way. We are losing WAY too much snow to wind and rain. It's supposed to be freaking winter for crying out loud. I have a toy I very much enjoy and it's sitting in the yard covered. Ugh.

P1060564.JPG

-2 F and isn’t supposed to get above 0 F until next Tuesday. Can’t complain too much. It was a beautiful fall and this crap could have started in November. Besides, it keeps the riff raff out. Need some of this every year to clean things up a bit.

You need a 100% wool head and full face mask for those temps. Acrylic isn't all that great.
Oh, this is a fur balaclava, once tested for Arctic conditions. The legacy of the old days. Now, as far as I know, natural insulation is not used in military uniforms.
But the collar is modern, my wife knitted it instead of a scarf to walk with the dogs. Yes, it's woolen, partly acrylic, probably, but in any case it smells like burnt chicken when tested with a match. I wonder how many people now know what burnt chicken smells like? I had a full mask, but I lost it on the last hunt.
The main problem is the fingers and toes. At a temperature of -35, even fur gloves are not enough. But you still have to be ready to shoot. Fortunately, there are EVA boots for the feet now.

Well in QLD Australia on the Sunshine coast about 100 k north of Brisbane its about 33 deg cel & about 150 % humidity you just drip, we have had a cyclone up north lots of damage . We have had about 300 mil of rain in about 5 days =12 inches with more forecast but the weather people are more interested in
promoting their climate change bull shit than really knowing what is happning. I think 1 will buy an electric car they tell me that will fix every thing:unsure:

Our high for Sunday if 4f and the low is -9F. It’s above freezing today so that will be a change.
Here’s one for you. My brother and his wife from Southern Californicate are flying into Peoria on Monday because his daughter is in the hospital there with a pregnancy problem. They’re going to help with her kids in Chillicothe. 1 degree highs, -9 to -12 lows. I told him that I didn’t see any snow in the forecast though, so they’ll be OK. I told him to send the kids outside and build a snowman. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrincessMo

Latest profile posts

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone
We fitted a new backup generator for the Wildgoose lodge!
one of our hunters had to move his hunt to next year we have an opening first week of September, shoot me a message!