Wanted Leupold VX6HD 1-6x24 Illuminated

30.06king

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
New Zealand Deerstalkers Association, NZ Sika Foundation, SCI, DSC
Hunted
Cameroon, Namibia, Zimbabwe
I'm looking for a used Leupold scope, as described in the title, that's in good working order, with unblemished glass and with functional electrics that has had a trouble free history. Exterior condition is not highly critical. I think Leupold no longer makes my preferred model ( see picture ) but I would not turn down the more recent model if cost was bearable. Just that I don't need the fancier turets of the current version. I prefer simpler things.
If anyone was thinking of moving on one of these scopes I would be pleased to hear from you. Although I reside in New Zealand any purchase will be handled within the USA.
Cheers

20230303_114429.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for a used Leupold scope, as described in the title, that's in good working order, with unblemished glass and with functional electrics that has had a trouble free history. Exterior condition is not highly critical. I think Leupold no longer makes my preferred model ( see picture ) but I would not turn down the more recent model if cost was bearable. Just that I don't need the fancier turets of the current version. I prefer simpler things.
If anyone was thinking of moving on one of these scopes I would be pleased to hear from you. Although I reside in New Zealand any purchase will be handled within the USA.View attachment 598779
Cheers
Great scopes, especially for the cost. Good luck in your search!

@30.06king

The current VX6 1-6 is a CDS turret model.
However the Leupold Patrol 6 HD 1-6 FireDot does not have CDS.
It is a VX6 without CDS basically.
I run it in my 458 Lott and have sold several to other AH members
PM me if want prices on either of them. New in Box.

@30.06king

Hi,
I emailed to your business address.
Cheers

@30.06king

Great scope I'm running one on a 416 Remington Magnum and after about 100 or so rounds it's still holding up fine and will be making a trip in June to Africa for Cape buffalo! I honestly think this is the perfect offic for a big bore rifle going to Africa,

Great scope I'm running one on a 416 Remington Magnum and after about 100 or so rounds it's still holding up fine and will be making a trip in June to Africa for Cape buffalo! I honestly think this is the perfect offic for a big bore rifle going to Africa,
Agreed. I am wanting one to mount on a 375 Ruger. I find the eye relief actually a bit better than a Swarovski Z6 1.7-10 I have mounted now and although optically the Swaro might be ahead the Leupold HD glass is easily good enough, even for my old eyes.

Great scope I'm running one on a 416 Remington Magnum and after about 100 or so rounds it's still holding up fine and will be making a trip in June to Africa for Cape buffalo! I honestly think this is the perfect optic for a big bore rifle going to Africa,
Well this may start a rehash of what's already been rehashed several times over. In any case I surely do hope that you are correct because I purchased a VX6HD 1x6x24 Firedot just a few months ago for my 375 H&H. I too believe that it will be perfect for buffalo and any other African critter.

The Leupold HD VX-6 Firedot 1-6x24mm is an excellent scope. I think it's a toss up between it and the Swarovski Z6i 1-6x. Swarovski glass is slightly better while Leupold seems a bit more rugged construction wise. I own both and they have held up well to heavy recoil.

I'm curious, what kind of 358 Norma do you have?? I love em!!! Power of a 375 H&H with the recoil of a 338 Win Mag. Need more brass availability though.

The Leupold HD VX-6 Firedot 1-6x24mm is an excellent scope. I think it's a toss up between it and the Swarovski Z6i 1-6x. Swarovski glass is slightly better while Leupold seems a bit more rugged construction wise. I own both and they have held up well to heavy recoil.

I'm curious, what kind of 358 Norma do you have?? I love em!!! Power of a 375 H&H with the recoil of a 338 Win Mag. Need more brass availability though.
A custom Remington 700 with McMillan stock, Douglas barrel, and Timney trigger. Also a not quite finished project Interarms MK X that will eventually have Express sites, cerakoted blue finish, and a custom wood stock.
My two favorite calibers are the 358 Norma Magnum and the 416 Remington Magnum. Although the 470 Nitro is growing on me, I might have to build me a custom 470 Nitro Ruger no 1 to go along with my Chapuis Elan 470 double!

A custom Remington 700 with McMillan stock, Douglas barrel, and Timney trigger. Also a not quite finished project Interarms MK X that will eventually have Express sites, cerakoted blue finish, and a custom wood stock.
My two favorite calibers are the 358 Norma Magnum and the 416 Remington Magnum. Although the 470 Nitro is growing on me, I might have to build me a custom 470 Nitro Ruger no 1 to go along with my Chapuis Elan 470 double!
I have a Sako AV with an older Brown Precision stock, Shilen 24" barrel, stock Sako trigger. I'm looking at getting some NorthFork 250gr SS from Reloading International and cooking them up with some Norma URP.

I have a 35 Whelen very similar to your Rem. 700 build....Bansner stock, 22" Lilja #4 bbl. Shoots very well.

That Interarms Mk X sounds really cool.

I've got a Win 70 Stainless CRF 9.3x338 Win Mag with Accurate Innovations stock, factory bottom metal that holds three rounds down. Since I can't get properly headstamped brass I'm considering rebarreling to 358 Norma or 416 Taylor....can't make up my mind. It's only got a 3 round mag capacity and I like more capacity for Dangerous game rifles so I'm leaning towards 358 Norma. I really have no intentions of replacing the stock to get a custom drop box magazine.

I like the 416 Rem Mag also. Got a Win 70 CRF with McMillan stock from Hill Country Rifles I picked up years ago. It shoots great but I've got the 404 Jeffery bug pretty bad nowadays.

I don't own any doubles yet but when I do it'll likely be a Chapius 470 NE or a 500 NE!!!

Boddington really likes the 450/400 3" NE. Might also be an option but a step down in power.

I have a Sako AV with an older Brown Precision stock, Shilen 24" barrel, stock Sako trigger. I'm looking at getting some NorthFork 250gr SS from Reloading International and cooking them up with some Norma URP.

I have a 35 Whelen very similar to your Rem. 700 build....Bansner stock, 22" Lilja #4 bbl. Shoots very well.

That Interarms Mk X sounds really cool.

I've got a Win 70 Stainless CRF 9.3x338 Win Mag with Accurate Innovations stock, factory bottom metal that holds three rounds down. Since I can't get properly headstamped brass I'm considering rebarreling to 358 Norma or 416 Taylor....can't make up my mind. It's only got a 3 round mag capacity and I like more capacity for Dangerous game rifles so I'm leaning towards 358 Norma. I really have no intentions of replacing the stock to get a custom drop box magazine.

I like the 416 Rem Mag also. Got a Win 70 CRF with McMillan stock from Hill Country Rifles I picked up years ago. It shoots great but I've got the 404 Jeffery bug pretty bad nowadays.

I don't own any doubles yet but when I do it'll likely be a Chapius 470 NE or a 500 NE!!!

I have a Winchester CRF action that someday will either be a 350 Remington Magnum or a 9.3x350 Sisk, But I've been bite by the African bug and everything is on hold for now!

I have a Winchester CRF action that someday will either be a 350 Remington Magnum or a 9.3x350 Sisk, But I've been bite by the African bug and everything is on hold for now!
I'd go 350 Rem Mag unless there's properly headstamped brass available somewhere for the 9.3x350 Sisk.

I probably should be holding off myself. I still haven't made my first trip over for Buffalo or plains game. I've been looking at KMG, Intrepid Safaris & a few others

I'd go 350 Rem Mag unless there's properly headstamped brass available somewhere for the 9.3x350 Sisk.

I probably should be holding off myself. I still haven't made my first trip over for Buffalo or plains game. I've been looking at KMG, Intrepid Safaris & a few others
I will be taking first trip in June, I will be hunting Cape Buffalo, Sable, And a few others with Tsala Safaris!

Giving this a bump as remaining hopeful someone has one they want to rehome.
Thanks for all the views and interest so far.
Cheers

I have a VX 5 HD 1-5, still one the box and plastic wrap/seal is unbroken. If interested shoot me a PM.

I have a VX 5 HD 1-5, still one the box and plastic wrap/seal is unbroken. If interested shoot me a PM.
Hi, appreciate the offer but am set on the VX6 Illuminated. One rifle already has this scope, which is awesome, and I'd like to replicate that on the other rifle needing a scope. But, please sing out if you know the whereabouts of a surplus VX6 HD 1-6x24 Illuminated. Finding one would make me a happy man. Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyan65373

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.