Vortex Razor HD bino warranty claim

Altitude sickness

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
I had an original pair of vortex razor HD binoculars from 2012. I sent them in for repair to the damaged diopter adjustment knob in December.

I recieved an email last week that they made repairs and my Razors are being sent back.

Today I recieved the box and found a brand new pair of Gen 2 razors.
Amazing warranty. 11 year old beat up binos. That I did not treat well.

IMG_3180.jpeg
IMG_3181.jpeg

I ran over my Steiner binoculars on a pronghorn hunt and much to my surprise after sending them off for repair, received a new pair
vortex has a good warranty congratulations

Vortex has an unconditional warranty my Sales Rep said. You break it. They will replace it. I had a customer bring me in a rifle and scope run over by a tractor. Rifle we are still working on it. But Vortex has a ready replaced the scope.

Vortex has an unconditional warranty my Sales Rep said. You break it. They will replace it. I had a customer bring me in a rifle and scope run over by a tractor. Rifle we are still working on it. But Vortex has a ready replaced the scope.
"a rifle and scope run over by a tractor". I'm trying to wrap that around my feeble mind to understand HOW that could even happen? Thank God for warranties! LOL

"a rifle and scope run over by a tractor". I'm trying to wrap that around my feeble mind to understand HOW that could even happen? Thank God for warranties! LOL

Farmer carrying on open cab tractor. Fell out of his make shift gun rack.

I deal with Texas farmers and ranchers daily. You wouldn't believe the things I have seen gun wise and conditions of them.

Two years ago, on return from an Alberta bear hunt, the airline "lost" my 60lb bag of clothes and gear.

So on the vortex website, I filed a replacement claim. I explained that although my Razor HDs were safe in my carry on bag, I lost my "lucky" Vortex hat which, I received free with my purchase.

Attaching a few photos with various game from various locations while wearing my lucky hat, I chuckled wondering what the customer service person would think upon reading such a claim.

One week later, I received a box containing 8-10 varieties of hats. Literally I believe, every make and model they had. Also included were a couple T-shirts, some coozies and other misc. swag. Attached was a simple note saying, "Sorry for your loss, keep sending pics!"

Great customer service, I thought.

That’s good. It only took me sending a Leupold back four times, three times for the same issue, before they sent a replacement.

I had my razor amg have a turret stuck, possibly from being over tightened by myself. It was 3 weeks before pronghorn hunting and I couldn’t zero my rifle. I called and told them the situation, except I was in a hotel room for work and not near my rifle. They said if I can get the scope to them they will have it done asap. They emailed me a next day air label, and then I called my amazing wife and instructed her how to take the scope off the rifle, box it and where to ship it. This was on Monday. The scope was returned and fixed before I got home on Friday

My binocular damage was all due to negligence on my part and others I let use them. They were abused for 11 years. It was clearly not the products fault.

Well done. I had a similar good experience with Vortex, I damaged a PST-1 - they replaced it with a new PST-2 and upgraded it to a FFP model at my request - no charge.

I plan to post these binos in the classifieds for trade on a 1x rifle scope
I’m covered in similar size binos and do not need them

We had a customer request a Cerakote job on a Vortex scope. We called our rep to see if they had any feedback on the product we wanted to use on the scope. They said they'd never tried it before but to throw it in the oven, if it get jacked up they'll replace the scope. Good company to deal with.

I plan to post these binos in the classifieds for trade on a 1x rifle scope
I’m covered in similar size binos and do not need them
I have a discount certificate I think from uropoptic for Vortex products. I think it is 30% off. If you interested pm me. It will expire in May 2024. You can get a good discount with it.
Regards.

We had a customer request a Cerakote job on a Vortex scope. We called our rep to see if they had any feedback on the product we wanted to use on the scope. They said they'd never tried it before but to throw it in the oven, if it get jacked up they'll replace the scope. Good company to deal with.
WHY would anyone want to Cerakote ANY scope? ALL scope tubes are virtually impervious to weather.

Due to this thread I sent in my 15x50 HD vipers that were not nearly what they were when new. My grandsons 10x vipers were clearer and more usable.
Within 2 weeks I had the original binos back but the only original parts was the shell. All lenses and everything else was replaced.

Tough to beat Vortex Warranties. I presently have a scope in for Riton Warranty We,ll see what happens

Riton, told me they will fix or repair for any reason. Even if your not the original buyer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarryFarr7

Latest profile posts

Safari Dave wrote on CoElkHunter's profile.
I didn't get drawn for Wyoming this year.

Are you planning to hunt Unit 4 this fall?

(Thinking about coming out)
another great review

EDELWEISS wrote on bowjijohn's profile.
Thanks again for your support on the Rhodesian Shotgun thread. From the amount of "LIKES" it received, it appears there was only ONE person who objected. Hes also the same one who continually insisted on interjecting his posts that werent relevant to the thread.
sierraone wrote on AZDAVE's profile.
Dave if you copy this, call me I can't find your number.

David Hodo
Sierraone