Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia,....AK, WY, WA, ID, FL, SD, TX, HI
This is the view out my office window today. A small group of caribou grazing through….

IMG_9474.jpeg

This was my wife’s view yesterday. We were working on shade tree drills. :A Thumbs Up:

1688208321046.jpeg

The past 3 days-Prague Czech

IMG_6096.jpeg
IMG_6079.jpeg

A blackbellied whistling duck looking for a nest cavity in the old stock pond...

I've killed 25 duck species hunting in SC...all but one of them while hunting solo...I've been after BBWD for two seasons now...I will find one...I actually think I have a chance at a common merganser in SC after that I'll probably have to travel to finish out the list.

Here's my tote board:
50646649491_ab05dfb932_b.jpg

Attachments

• 50646649491_ab05dfb932_b.jpg
    332.3 KB · Views: 71
I've killed 25 duck species hunting in SC...all but one of them while hunting solo...I've been after BBWD for two seasons now...I will find one...I actually think I have a chance at a common merganser in SC after that I'll probably have to travel to finish out the list.

Here's my tote board:
I’ve probably shot 30 or so species here in Alabama. The three birds I’m missing are Barrow’s goldeneye, fulvous whistling duck and king eider. The fulvous and king eider have been documented in Mobile bay but it’s just being there if they come by, according to the birding world once about every 10 years.so if I want them and the barrows ill have to do some more traveling. I would also like to get the various cackling geese, I have Richardson’s but would love an Aleutian and a true cackler( minima )

View from my home office. We'll take the light brown "privacy fence" down in the next week or so. :cool:

office view.jpg

Was clearing trails of deadfall ash trees on the day of your post so this was my office at the time... Flowers are white and purple foxglove that I've never witnessed before along about a mile of logging roads. Just the day prior was the last day of a week-long drive back with my son from Alaska. Along that journey we saw just about every major game animal in North America including some giant Stone sheep! Toyota was at the dealership in Whitehorse where I stopped to pick up brake pads for the son's truck just in case!!

IMG_20230625_201144.jpg
IMG_20230625_200941.jpg
IMG_20230613_222135~2.jpg
IMG_20230613_233734~2.jpg
IMG_20230614_122914.jpg
IMG_20230614_122933.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This little bugger was in my chair by the back door, if not for Roscoe the Jack Russell I may have sat on it. Red leg I wish my privacy fence looked that good. When I planted mine we were expecting a half inch of rain and received 5, so it all drowned

59043751-43AC-407C-924D-5AAB29A5C879.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve probably shot 30 or so species here in Alabama. The three birds I’m missing are Barrow’s goldeneye, fulvous whistling duck and king eider. The fulvous and king eider have been documented in Mobile bay but it’s just being there if they come by, according to the birding world once about every 10 years.so if I want them and the barrows ill have to do some more traveling. I would also like to get the various cackling geese, I have Richardson’s but would love an Aleutian and a true cackler( minima )

It sounds like you need to make a trip to Izembek Lagoon. Look up Izembek Lodge.

Rubber head I’ve actually seen common mergansers on some of the trout streams in upstate SC, they were few and far between but this was in late winter or early spring. They seem to like faster water, the 2 I’ve shot were on the Shenedoah river in Virginia and the Klamath River in California.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RosettaMar

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.